The VG Resource

Full Version: Previous' SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters DS rips.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made some tiny rips from some weird NDS game.

[Image: towermaps_icon.png] [Image: characterportraits_icon.png] [Image: characters_icon.png]

I bought this game a few years ago when it was ~5€ on Amazon. Wasn't too bad, but I never finished it because it was incredibly awful. You had to get a specific card to advance, but I didn't have the card and couldn't buy the card packs including it so I would have had to be lucky and win such a card pack in a battle while being lucky and finding this card in there. Well, I wasn't lucky.

The game works with sets of three files for most of its graphics, one holding palette data (2 Byte BGR big endian), another tile data (8bbp, 8x8px tiles) and the (optional) third one mapping data (2 Byte per tile big endian, no size data; lower ten bits tile number, bit 10 and 11 flipping flags, bits 12-15 unused) which is quite handy as puzzling tiles to graphics can be quite hard (especially with maps, but also with the portraits). So I made a little program which reads these thingys and builds a graphic. Still needs some tweaking (like reading multiple palettes per palette file and maybe a switch for graphics format as a few actually used 4bbp (mapless)). Uhm whatever.
They're up!

Glad to see another pro file analyser around! Been hoping somebody might rip these sometime soon! Big Grin