The VG Resource

Full Version: It's Update Time, Are You Ready? [TSR 6/7/2012]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You better be ready 'cause I'm back with more interesting things like those Bubbly Bobbly characters from Bust-A-Move 3000, more Firey Emblem, and SUPER GIGANTIC BATTLESHIPS! Who doesn't like those? Big Grin

I'll see if I can find more battleships or emblems or bubbles next time! Until then, don't be a stranger! Wink
Is there a guide you made on ripping GBA sprites? I REALLY want to be a part of the updates this time! Cry
Nice, my London Life rips are the only DS ones Cool

(06-08-2012, 09:51 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a guide you made on ripping GBA sprites? I REALLY want to be a part of the updates this time! Cry

It's fairly simple, as far as I know it should be similar to DS ripping. You can probably find a few tutorials through Google though.
I've only written a tutorial on .BRRES models, and I'm not really up for writing another one on ripping just yet.
I will say though that GBA ripping is actually easier than DS (and AFAIK is the easiest next to mobile phone most of the time), since VBA's got loads of awesome functions.
If you look in the GBA submissions sub forum, you'll see a guide written by Belial about how he does it. That's not how I do it, but you can try it and see if it works for you. Also be sure to read the sprite sheet making guide by Gors in the main forum before you start! Wink
Planning to rip sprites from DBZ: legacy of goku 2/Buu's fury. I hope I make it in time! Big Grin
Just optimized my app to be able to load full maps from Dinosaur King. It's low as hell at the moment, though, as I don't cache bitmap data for tiles (yet).