The VG Resource

Full Version: Trollersprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So I guess I'll post my sprites or whatever
[Image: veJlC.png]
These are some Sonic 2 styled sprites I made of some stuff in Sonic Generations. Still WIP, expect progress later

...and that's really all I have to show you so far. I have some more sprites but it's basically just some dumb Phoenix Wright sprite edits Shy

EDIT: The classic Sonic is obviously not done by me, and was used for color and height reference.
Heh I remember these :-)

YOu still have some jaggies in your round parts. Aside from that, I'm not familiar with the style, soooo (they do have a few bad contrasts though, heh ;-)
(06-06-2012, 06:16 PM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]Heh I remember these :-)

YOu still have some jaggies in your round parts. Aside from that, I'm not familiar with the style, soooo (they do have a few bad contrasts though, heh ;-)

Which sprites exactly have jaggies?
Also, with the Contrast, I was thinking that myself, but not sure what I can do about it, considering I'm stuck with the Sonic 2 pallet.
Oh, nothing major. Just some nitpicking.
[Image: rTYF5.png]

Also, I wouldn't use transparent backgrounds, they sometimes make it hard to open these files properly ;-)

I know there can't be anything done about the palette, but I just had to mention it!
I think I've fixed most of them. Also, the ? you wrote points towards a plate on his torso.
[Image: ZqUB8.png]
[Image: Egg_pawn_current.PNG]
The sonic looks great, but I can't tell if you just pixelled over a screenshot or not. But hey, whatever you did do works. Looks good, but the shoes don't look pointy enough, and if you're going for genesis style, the bottom of the shoes definitely need to be flat.
Really not sure where to put this, so I'll just put it here

[Image: Qh8ti.png]

I edited the Modern Sonic Generations model and made this monstrosity of nature--- Classic Modern Sonic.
modern sonic has blue eye lids if I'm not mistaken.
Modern's face is a bit squashed, he could be rounded out more. His feet on the idle don't look like they're touching solid ground, and he seems a bit stiff in some areas, also notably he looks like he's leaning over. I suggest that while using renders and stuff for reference does help, I suggest grabbing a few jazwares figures for further refrence on the head. Some of the areas DO look a bit pillowed.

And for the render, Classdern's gonna freak when he awakens!
(06-08-2012, 09:06 PM)Bombshell93 Wrote: [ -> ]modern sonic has blue eye lids if I'm not mistaken.
I'm probably going to put this into Garry's Mod, so when I do, I'll have two separate skins. One with blue eyelids and one with apricot. I did the eyelids like that because Classic Sonic has apricot eyelids.

(06-08-2012, 09:08 PM)Gaia Wrote: [ -> ]Modern's face is a bit squashed, he could be rounded out more. His feet on the idle don't look like they're touching solid ground, and he seems a bit stiff in some areas, also notably he looks like he's leaning over. I suggest that while using renders and stuff for reference does help, I suggest grabbing a few jazwares figures for further refrence on the head. Some of the areas DO look a bit pillowed.

And for the render, Classdern's gonna freak when he awakens!
Thanks for the C+C. I already have some Jazwares figures, and I used the Egg Fighter as reference for the Egg Fighter sprite.
EDIT: Also, is the face squashed vertically or horizontally (is it too = or too ||)?
To ||, Sonic's face is not that really thin.
[Image: sNhH2.png]
I know I shouldn't work on more than one thing at once (that's one of my main faults Ouch!) but I made some custom Sonic 2 sprites based on official artwork. Obviously the one on the upper left is WIP.
One of your main faults is Sonic, if you ask me ;-)
To be honest, all these Sonics look the same to me, no matter what style they're said to be in. Besides these palettes are really awful when it comes to contrast.
I think it'd be way more interesting to sprite Sonic in a non-sonic style as they're all almost-the-same anyways.

That said, his hands look weird, especially the one on his forehead, it's all out of shape.
i hardly see anything posted on this thread being closely or remotely similar to what one could find in Sonic 2.

in fact, it worries me how the "modern sonics" are so out shape they almost look like blatalant downscaled screenshots.
Well that's actually laziness on my part---- I kinda traced those. Nervous

The one with the hand on his forehead was also traced--
I usually don't trace. I don't know what compelled me to trace those sprites.

..I was just going around trying to find some more sprites I made to show you guys I CAN sprite other things, then I realized the only other sprites I've made are Phoenix Wright sprites, which don't really qualify as sprites, seeing as how they're just drawings with a pallet applied to them. Gonna Puke

I'll try and make some more stuff that ISN'T Sonic later. Thanks for the crits.
Pages: 1 2 3 4