The VG Resource

Full Version: Puyo Puyo rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm putting this in SEGA since SEGA techinically owns Puyo Puyo since Compile died Very Sad

So far I've only got some from Sun, but I plan on going to 1 and 2 and ripping some more.
[Image: puyopuyosectionicondz7.png]

[Image: backgroundsicontu6.png]

I'm just going to go back and forth between these and Metal Storm, but I'm going to have probably enough rips for it's own section, it's too bad this game never took off in America =(
Hint: Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

but anyway, good job, I guess.
(09-02-2008, 09:08 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Hint: Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

Not that Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine was terrible by any means... but it was a highly bastardized version of Puyo Puyo and all it's epicness, believe it or not, the game did advance past what that pathetic excuse for an American version was. >Sad if I had to choose between Puyo Puyo and DRMBM, I'd pick Puyo PUyo all the way.

Also, if you're implying that DRMBM took off well in America, then we would've gotten a sequel of some sort I imagine... also I don't remember anyone past my cousin actually owning the game.
Looks good to me! Big Grin
(09-03-2008, 07:19 PM)Zycor Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2008, 09:08 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Hint: Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

Not that Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine was terrible by any means... but it was a highly bastardized version of Puyo Puyo and all it's epicness, believe it or not, the game did advance past what that pathetic excuse for an American version was. >Sad if I had to choose between Puyo Puyo and DRMBM, I'd pick Puyo PUyo all the way.

Also, if you're implying that DRMBM took off well in America, then we would've gotten a sequel of some sort I imagine... also I don't remember anyone past my cousin actually owning the game.
All that really got Changed in MBM was the sprites of the characters you fight against. Not much, if anything, else got changed.
call me crazy, but I just prefer the original versions of games and tend to frown upon the face lifted versions, I prefer Panel de Pon over Tetris Attack, I prefer Puyo Puyo over DRMBM and Kirby's Avalanche. Puyo Puyo has Arle and she's one of my favorite characters and she's cute with her Engrish chaining attacks. Plus it's got some of the most bizarre humor outside of the konami universe. Also the music in Puyo Puyo was just fine, I don't see why they had to make new music for parts of it and put the original music in as the cast roll and 2 player music.