The VG Resource

Full Version: Where Maple Struggles to Learn Things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Um, thank you for coming here! The thing is, my brother is actually a spriter, but for this one project, a friend and I are making a video game and I'm in charge of all the art, including spriting, which I don't know how to do... Cry

I'm a huge player of Pokemon, along with some other RPG's that I'm too lazy to go into naming, but I don't know what kind of spriting style I want to go with... So, um... Help? Maybe this is the wrong place to do this but I'm new and I need help... Cry Of course, once I actually have a vague idea of what I'm doing I'll post my stuff here? So, um... First of all, any suggestions?
post your work here, then we'll proceed to give criticism on it so you can improve.

though if you have no idea of how to sprite, I suggest looking for sprite tutorials and reading out Spriting Dictionary, stickied at this forum section.
^that

and also, if you're looking for ideas for a style to go with, it might help if we knew what kind of game you were making. Though, I will say that making a whole game's worth of sprites when you don't even know how to sprite is a really tall order.

It's okay if you start small, you know! c:
Thank you both so much for replying~

We'll be making a tactical RPG, kind of like Fire Emblem...?

I'll start by watching some tutorials, and hopefully I'll see you guys soon! Smile
So is it just your game that's like Fire Emblem, or is it the sprites as well? FE is a pretty nice style IMO. Also, genre/time period?
i'll close this thread. OP, please make another thread WHEN you have actual content.