The VG Resource

Full Version: Starcraft 2 (on hold)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ima start ripping some models from SC2. they come with rigging, high res textures, and other such nonsense. this is the first time i actually contributed something, the other being a failure.
[Image: SWkvv.png]
cutscene models(icon make)
[Image: c2Nf2.png]
[Image: ognuq.png]
[Image: pEmG4.png]

(05-28-2012, 11:41 PM)alexmach1 Wrote: [ -> ]tychus findlay
[Image: EU6hY.png]
ima start ripping some models from SC2. they come with rigging, high res textures, and other such nonsense. this is the first time i actually contributed something, the other being a failure.
Wowowow, don't you talk like that!

It wasn't a failure, you had some other things to take care of, which doesn't make it a failure.
Don't be so negative about it!
I'm sure you are far better then me, and I'm not that shabby either Tongue
My only problem is that I'm not always submitting for long. I submit stuff, and lose motivation and I end up doing non TMR stuff.
Currently I'm planning something which some people will kill me for, others will instantly marry me. No, I don't want to marry you just jet, I'm only 13 and my bd is at the 4th of june btw.
Ontopic, don't call something a complete failure.
which reminds me, i gotta reupload with the cigar textures.
[Image: c2Nf2.png]
i cant reupload tychus at the moment because im switching houses again. however, i have improved the normal maps conversion (starcraft 2 uses this annoying orange and green normal map format) and will be uploading more stuff from starcraft 2 at a later date.

in other news,
[Image: SWkvv.png]

and artistic freedom.
[Image: uP6bg.jpg]
[Image: ognuq.png]

and thats all for today.
wait
artistic tiem
[Image: I1NZn.jpg]
Nice rips bro, I'd love to see protoss units Big Grin
(06-10-2012, 04:17 AM)Lexou Duck Wrote: [ -> ]Nice rips bro, I'd love to see protoss units Big Grin

the unfortunate thing about that is zeratul is the only full-body HD protoss unit. the rest are portraits (who are missing arms and legs to preserve rendering) and lowpoly units. im mainly going to rip the cinematic models, but i can rip the units too
don't you hate it when you get some infectious and deadly flu and blood gets everywhere? me too.
[Image: pEmG4.png]

artistic freedom(goddamn these take forever to render):
[Image: tDAsZ.jpg]
Wow! What fantastic models! It's a shame the AO maps can't be used due to relying on a different UV map.

There's only a small issue with these, and that's the lack of a MTL file for the OBJ. They're necessary for programs to properly assign the textures when loaded. The UVs are also upside-down, but that's a minor problem. Other than that, these are great rips.

Oh, and could you categorize them? I haven't played this game.
(07-20-2012, 05:58 PM)Peardian Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! What fantastic models! It's a shame the AO maps can't be used due to relying on a different UV map.

There's only a small issue with these, and that's the lack of a MTL file for the OBJ. They're necessary for programs to properly assign the textures when loaded. The UVs are also upside-down, but that's a minor problem. Other than that, these are great rips.

Oh, and could you categorize them? I haven't played this game.

can do Wink
(07-20-2012, 05:58 PM)Peardian Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! What fantastic models! It's a shame the AO maps can't be used due to relying on a different UV map.
[snap]
I'm sorry, what do you mean by AO maps? Never heard of the term.
(07-22-2012, 07:03 AM)thegameexplorer Wrote: [ -> ]
[snap]
I'm sorry, what do you mean by AO maps? Never heard of the term.
AO maps are pre-rendered Ambient Occlusion maps that are multiplied with the diffuse to give the illusion of ambient occlusion rather than calculating it ingame. unfortunately, the AO maps are jumbled and mostly dont fit, as ingame blizzard probably uses UV coordinates to fit the maps correctly.

unfortunately, blizzard likes to arrange many of their textures like this:
often hiding important files such as opacity maps and such. they also hide textures in the red channel of normal maps, so its like a massive matching game Tongue
welp, blizzard recently sent out a patch that has rendered my ripping techniques useless. until an alternate method is found, this is all there is Very Sad
Awwww. Sad Well, at least you got these.

The models still don't have MTL files. Are you planning on adding them?
once i get the 3ds max .mtl exporter to work, yes. also, the extractor updated so eventually i will begin adding more models.