The VG Resource

Full Version: Kat sucks at playing IIDX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rof-ayeidEo

So my roommate has been taking videos of us all playing that arcade machine and putting them on the net.

Hi ¦D

if you request a song or something I'll play it. a bloo~
You guys actually own this arcade machine...?
Yup I built it for them. They wanted an arcade machine so bad they had to call me over to make one. It was pretty cool, after I was done we had a beer and a few laughs, it was a cool time.

Okay no that didn't happen.
wowza look at those typing skills =:0
I wish I knew more IIDX songs Shy I can't play it, it's too confusing for me, I need my colors to work properly... (I have 14 GOLD for the PS2 here)

Heh elevator music, that's like, every Elektel composition. And wow you're playing hard songs, but at least you have an actual machine to practise and get better, playing the CS versios rarely makes you any better Cry

As for songs, looks like Lincle has Snow Goose now, that's cool! There's these Dr.Honda songs but idk how Dr.Honda sounds on IIDX and if they're any good. There's REDALiCE too Surprise And DJ Command, I think I'm in love with his remixes since he did things for Pop'n.

I wish I had easy access to a Pop'n machine~ This is pretty cool because Lincle is the latest one! Do you guys plan on upgrading it when you have the chance? Smile
Yep my roommate actually owns this machine, in the videos, he is the one that play doubles.

We have Lincle and we hope to get Tricoro when it becomes available to us.

I also only have the first boss song unlocked.

I'll play Snow Goose, Express Emotion (that REDALiCE song), I'll find a DJ Command song, then I'll play the boss song.

edit: oh and I'll play a Dr. Honda song too. I normally play 8s and under. Roomate mentioned he'll take requests too. he plays 10s and under on doubles for the most part.
(05-29-2012, 05:27 AM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]Yup I built it for them. They wanted an arcade machine so bad they had to call me over to make one. It was pretty cool, after I was done we had a beer and a few laughs, it was a cool time.
LIES!!!
Koopaul Wrote:Okay no that didn't happen.
No. It didn't. Then again, I'm told you live nearby, so maybe it did. Hrm...

(05-29-2012, 08:53 AM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]wowza look at those typing skills =:0
It's nicknamed "DJ Taka Teaches Typing" for a reason.

(05-29-2012, 02:23 PM)Maidsukki Wrote: [ -> ]I wish I knew more IID---BLAH BLAH HUGE POST BLAH BLAH
Yeah, you eventually learn all the songs. Kinda like how if you're Roman Catholic you know all the church hymns. Just give it time and brutal repetition. It's unforunate that they Red Alice did the song they did; I've heard they wanted to do Touhou but were told "not yet". Then again, Mr. Bad Apple got into Lincle as well, so it's probably Konami biding their time. Not too mention IOSYS got in as well with one of the worst licenses in history, as far as I'm concerned. And why is Snow Goose cool? That song is so hipster even hipsters have moved on to something else. Seriously, it's so pretencious it has "pomp" in the genre. Bee tee dubs, I'm brutally honest because your points merit discussion. It's like a critic that takes time to seriously discuss why he hates your work. If you've ever been beaten by an alcoholic family member, you'll know what I mean.

Maidsukki Wrote:I wish I had easy access to a Pop'n machine~ This is pretty cool because Lincle is the latest one! Do you guys plan on upgrading it when you have the chance? Smile
Yes you do. As do the rest of us. Pop'n is the shit. As far as upgrades, it all depends upon many factors, the biggest one being how quickly the powers that be are able to make their magic juice of fairy blood and Four Loco not overferment and get wasted on past due beef jerky and MAKE THAT SHIT A MIRACLE. Or something like that. Honestly, I've no idea when we'll get Tricoro if we ever get it, and I'll be grateful for any semblence or even semantical wishes of us getting it.

Oh yeah, Hi, I'm Brendan and I own that machine. Who are you guys again?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAe445T9NFw

New video of me doing songs for Maidsukki essentually!

Also feel free to suggest songs from DDR too, there are quite a few crossovers.
(05-30-2012, 01:06 AM)Shinji16 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, you eventually learn all the songs. Kinda like how if you're Roman Catholic you know all the church hymns. Just give it time and brutal repetition.
I know that, it was more like "I wish I knew more about IIDX, but I prefer Pop'n so I'll play and know the songs from there". I do have some interest in IIDX because it is pretty cool, but I want to be better at Pop'n first.

(05-30-2012, 01:06 AM)Shinji16 Wrote: [ -> ]It's unforunate that they Red Alice did the song they did; I've heard they wanted to do Touhou but were told "not yet". Then again, Mr. Bad Apple got into Lincle as well, so it's probably Konami biding their time. Not too mention IOSYS got in as well with one of the worst licenses in history, as far as I'm concerned.

Well, I think Konami would have to get Touhou licenses, but that probably wouldn't be a big problem since they had a Super Mario Medley for Pop'n at one point. Also they are pretty much getting popular artists to join them, I've been seing that since Onoken on Pop'n 17.

(05-30-2012, 01:06 AM)Shinji16 Wrote: [ -> ]And why is Snow Goose cool? That song is so hipster even hipsters have moved on to something else. Seriously, it's so pretencious it has "pomp" in the genre. Bee tee dubs, I'm brutally honest because your points merit discussion. It's like a critic that takes time to seriously discuss why he hates your work. If you've ever been beaten by an alcoholic family member, you'll know what I mean.

I don't really get your last points, but, um, this is just personal taste? I like Mutsuhiko Izumi and I liked the song. I know it has some kind of following, but it's not related to that. I liked it since I played Jubeat on my iPhone, that's all, hahaha. EDIT: [ELECTRIC POMP], wow, 10/10 genre.

(05-30-2012, 01:06 AM)Shinji16 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you do. As do the rest of us. Pop'n is the shit.

I live in Brazil, south part even, so yeah, I don't think so, heh. Our arcades here aren't really interested in rhythm games that aren't Pump It Up (and old hacked versions even) because that's what everyone here likes to play, or, recently, Guitar Hero stands. We do have an old (and rare?) Mambo a Go Go machine around that doesn't even work properly, but that's about it.

(05-30-2012, 02:19 AM)Kat Wrote: [ -> ]www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAe445T9NFw

New video of me doing songs for Maidsukki essentually!

Also feel free to suggest songs from DDR too, there are quite a few crossovers.

Oh, cool! Thank you! Smile

Aside from Snow Goose, I didn't know any of these songs. The Dr. Honda one sounds pretty nice. I read once that he did the soundtrack for the portable Metal Gear Solid games, and this sure feels like an MGS song. DJ Command songs are fun~ I thought it was an alias at first too, since it appeared out of nowhere and most of the songs are remixes, but apparently (s)he isn't. The REDALiCE one is interesting, but yeah, it's lacking maybe.

The kors k boss song is very nice! I love his use of samples and was expecting the "somebody scream" sample somewhere, but maybe that has been way overused already, ahaha.
(05-30-2012, 02:37 AM)Maidsukki Wrote: [ -> ]I know that, it was more like "I wish I knew more about IIDX, but I prefer Pop'n so I'll play and know the songs from there". I do have some interest in IIDX because it is pretty cool, but I want to be better at Pop'n first.
Ah, fair enough. Feel free to ask me any questions for any Bemani; I'm familiar with all of them. Also, nothing stopping you from trying to master more than one at the same time. In fact, IIDX and PnM have a lot of skills that cross over, and songs too for that matter.

Maidsukki Wrote:Well, I think Konami would have to get Touhou licenses, but that probably wouldn't be a big problem since they had a Super Mario Medley for Pop'n at one point. Also they are pretty much getting popular artists to join them, I've been seing that since Onoken on Pop'n 17.
There aren't any real licenses to get as ZUN/Kannushi has given permission for people to do whatever they want with Touhou. I just can't wait for it to show up in IIDX or Bemani in general. That and the following shitstorm on NicoNico will be hillarious to watch.

Maidsukki Wrote:I don't really get your last points
My sense of humor is horrible, abbrasive, and horribly debasing.

Maidsukki Wrote:but, um, this is just personal taste? I like Mutsuhiko Izumi and I liked the song. I know it has some kind of following, but it's not related to that. I liked it since I played Jubeat on my iPhone, that's all, hahaha. EDIT: [ELECTRIC POMP], wow, 10/10 genre.
I keep forgetting that song was a crossover, as other crossover's in both RA and Lincle are in gold. And yeah, the genre is fantastically spot on.

Maidsukki Wrote:I live in Brazil, south part even, so yeah, I don't think so, heh. Our arcades here aren't really interested in rhythm games that aren't Pump It Up (and old hacked versions even) because that's what everyone here likes to play, or, recently, Guitar Hero stands. We do have an old (and rare?) Mambo a Go Go machine around that doesn't even work properly, but that's about it.
Ah, this explains some things. Yeah, Brazil is nuts for PIU. I'm honestly not sure why that's as popular as it is, and other Bemani not so much.

Maidsukki Wrote:Aside from Snow Goose, I didn't know any of these songs. The Dr. Honda one sounds pretty nice. I read once that he did the soundtrack for the portable Metal Gear Solid games, and this sure feels like an MGS song. DJ Command songs are fun~ I thought it was an alias at first too, since it appeared out of nowhere and most of the songs are remixes, but apparently (s)he isn't. The REDALiCE one is interesting, but yeah, it's lacking maybe.

The kors k boss song is very nice! I love his use of samples and was expecting the "somebody scream" sample somewhere, but maybe that has been way overused already, ahaha.
Regarding the boss song: http://vjarmy.com/wiki/index.php/The_Sampling_Paradise - ALL OF THE SAMPLES!
Regarding the Dr. Honda song: I've heard that it's a mash of various MGS themes, aside from the main one in 1 & 2 because of the copyright scandal.

Also, what the hell is this: http://youtu.be/_WhwCyVvoN0
Can't say I know much about the Beatmania series. Or music games in general.

But, good luck and have fun!

Oh and call me again if you need another machine built. Wink
Burning Heat

. DO IT C:
sorry I haven't uploaded anything in a while but here is a new video.

With a song for Metaru.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inh4zcCz4VY
HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT WE STARTED TO DO AGAIN

Last song was done because of Vipershark and Angie mainly, BUT GARDEN IS LITERAL BEST SONG

WHOOPS I'M FAT

Anyway I played a song for Gwen, that I think they'd like.

Beyond that, I play 10s and fail all of them pretty much at the end, fuck dis game.