The VG Resource

Full Version: Resident Evil 4 - 2º try
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First contribution i hope everything is ok Wink

Model Pose: T pose
Model Format: obj, smd
Texture Format: png
Rigged: Yes

[Image: iconck.png][Image: iconxx.png][Image: iconod.png]

[Image: previewzs.png]

[Image: previewyw.png]

[Image: previewxa.png]

Working on Leon modelsBig Grin
Sorry, but image format must be .png.

And this in the dae:
Code:
<library_images>
    <image id="Image">
      <init_from>file:///D:/Hack%20tools/noesisv3872/ada_te</init_from>
Must be changed to this:
Code:
<library_images>
    <image id="Image">
      <init_from>ada_te.png</init_from>
And also, the preview image borders on the top and bottom are sliiightly overlapped by the model. That should be fixed (I recommend copying and pasting just the border overtop).
texture format, preview img fixed Smile

I ditched DAE though.Sad

I'm really busy right now, so i can't work in the other models but when i get some free time i will upload them.
Blank
That's fine, take your time. Everything looks to be good now from what I can tell. Big Grin
I'd love to see Dae put back in, it shouldn't be too hard to fix - just open it in notepad, search for "file:///Very Sad/Hack%20tools/noesisv3872/" and then hit replace all - it'll replace it with blank space Smile
Welcome to the site!

First off, not a bad rip. There are some issues, but they're easy to fix.

As Dazz said, I recommend putting the DAE back in. OBJ files are good, but they don't support rigging, and SMD files only work in Source. Having all three ensures that everyone can use it.

A few parts of the DAE will need to be changed, but don't let the block of text scare you. It's really easy to fix, and all you need is a text editor like Notepad. (Or Notepad++, preferably.) The issue is that when the model is exported, the program set the texture path as the exact path on your computer. And since not everyone has a folder called Hack Tools on a Very Sad\ drive, it will only work on your computer. Changing it to only have the name of the texture (ex: ada_te.png) will fix this. If you have trouble with this, just ask and I can explain further.

The only other problem is the lack of a MTL file. You may have seen these get created at the same time as the OBJ. Because of how the format is set up, texture assignment is read from an external file. Without it, people will have to manually assign them. It's not bad when there are only a few files, but imagine trying to texture a model with 30 parts, and 10 similar-but-different textures.

I look forward to being able to accept these!