The VG Resource

Full Version: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DemonBoy will be helping me with the files for these rips. This is what I have done so far. I will update them as I rip more. If these are actually uploaded, I would prefer that they were separated between Marvel characters and Capcom characters.

Marvel Characters
[Image: GYVFL.png][Image: a9wHY.png][Image: XBY9I.png]

Capcom Characters
-None yet-
so aRE these good or no?
Have patience....
Once a mod comes by, they'll check it out and if it's acceptable, it'll get uploaded.
They look nice, but it seems you forgot to make previews.
So... I've waited awhile... do I need to make previews for them to be uploaded? I can do that, but how do the models look?
(06-15-2012, 12:26 PM)LittleBoygos Wrote: [ -> ]So... I've waited awhile... do I need to make previews for them to be uploaded? I can do that, but how do the models look?
Normally it's a slightly angled view rendered at 356x353 and pasted onto Barabary's Icon Maker which has preview support now.
Sorry for taking so long to get to these. There are some odd issues in there that you can blame on Noesis.

The first is the usual texture path problem seen in every model Noesis exports. The program always sets them as being located in your computer's Noesis folder. It also leaves out the extension of the file, which is important to almost all programs. This makes the textures load incorrectly for anyone who tries to load it. Fortunately, it's easy to fix. All you need is a text editor like Notepad (or Notepad++).

For MTL files, you'll see a number of lines that read "map_Kd" followed by a path, such as "chr\CapAmerica\model\1p\America_tex01_BM". You need to get rid of all of the folder names before it, leaving just the texture name and adding ".png" at the end. For this case, it will be "America_tex01_BM.png". Now, since Noesis renamed the textures when it exported them, you'll have to change it to "America_tex01_BM.360out.png", or else programs won't find it.

Fixing the DAEs is similar. Right near the top is a section called "library_images", which defines all of the textures. You'll see similar paths defined in each "init_from" tag.

Now, as you're doing these, you'll notice the big problem. Every single material uses the same texture. I've never seen this happen before, but I'm guessing it's something Noesis did. Fortunately for you, setting the right texture for these models will be a matter of switching "01" with "02". However, keep in mind that you will have to go in and figure out which materials should have which texture. It will be a bit tedious, but difficult.

Also, where are Captain America's normal and specular maps? He's the only one of the three to not have them.
(07-20-2012, 11:28 PM)Peardian Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for taking so long to get to these. There are some odd issues in there that you can blame on Noesis.

The first is the usual texture path problem seen in every model Noesis exports. The program always sets them as being located in your computer's Noesis folder. It also leaves out the extension of the file, which is important to almost all programs. This makes the textures load incorrectly for anyone who tries to load it. Fortunately, it's easy to fix. All you need is a text editor like Notepad (or Notepad++).

For MTL files, you'll see a number of lines that read "map_Kd" followed by a path, such as "chr\CapAmerica\model\1p\America_tex01_BM". You need to get rid of all of the folder names before it, leaving just the texture name and adding ".png" at the end. For this case, it will be "America_tex01_BM.png". Now, since Noesis renamed the textures when it exported them, you'll have to change it to "America_tex01_BM.360out.png", or else programs won't find it.

Fixing the DAEs is similar. Right near the top is a section called "library_images", which defines all of the textures. You'll see similar paths defined in each "init_from" tag.

Now, as you're doing these, you'll notice the big problem. Every single material uses the same texture. I've never seen this happen before, but I'm guessing it's something Noesis did. Fortunately for you, setting the right texture for these models will be a matter of switching "01" with "02". However, keep in mind that you will have to go in and figure out which materials should have which texture. It will be a bit tedious, but difficult.

Also, where are Captain America's normal and specular maps? He's the only one of the three to not have them.

Whoah, I'm not to good at this technical stuff xD I'll just ask my pal DemonBoy. He's got this figured out, and he's a good friend of mine over at KC-MM.
Awesome models, especially thank you for Jean Grey's.

I haven't checked them out myself yet, but I wanted to ask if they were rigged or not?
darkslayer, please pay attention to post dates and avoid bumping threads that were inactive for a month or longer.

I'm closing, if someone needs this thread again, please contact a mod.