The VG Resource

Full Version: Does Anyone Recognize This Sprite?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used this sprite scroll:

[Image: scroll.png]

Several years ago. I have since then lost all of my saved sprite sheets, as well as the original post where I credited the author. I need to use it again, but I don't recognize what game the sprite came from.

Also, I know that I have edited at least the size of the original sprite to get it to this appearance.

Does anyone recognize it?
Hmm, just by looking at it, I'm thinking of maybe Mario & Luigi : Superstar Saga, or maybe the GBA Fire Emblem games, but I'm not sure...
(05-20-2012, 12:46 PM)Lexou Duck Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, just by looking at it, I'm thinking of maybe Mario & Luigi : Superstar Saga, or maybe the GBA Fire Emblem games, but I'm not sure...

I thought the same thing, but I can't find it. I've already checked all of the Fire Emblem games, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Zelda: ALttP, Zelda: MC, Zelda: FS, the three NES Mario games ported to the GBA, as well as Secret of Mana and Golden Sun.

I can't find it.
Have you searches ALL of the TLOZ series that uses sprites? I thought I saw this in Sonic Rush Adventure... I'm not sure.
(05-20-2012, 02:21 PM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you searches ALL of the TLOZ series that uses sprites? I thought I saw this in Sonic Rush Adventure... I'm not sure.

Yes, I've been through all of the sprites for all of the sprite-based Zelda games, as well as the Custom Zelda sprites that are available. I also looked through the Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure sprites.
Looks Golden Sun-ish. Idunno, maybe Summon Night perhaps? Try looking at second-to-third party games to see if that sprite shows up.
(05-20-2012, 03:11 PM)Gaia Wrote: [ -> ]Looks Golden Sun-ish. Idunno, maybe Summon Night perhaps? Try looking at second-to-third party games to see if that sprite shows up.

I thought so too, but Golden Sun and Summon Night both lack the dark outline around their sprites that this scroll has.
Try looking through mid-evil-ish games that use scrolls.
(05-21-2012, 04:24 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: [ -> ]Try looking through mid-evil-ish games that use scrolls.

I'm going to assume you meant medieval when you said that.

I'm not sure, but comparing colours to other games is also a good start. It's unlikely to be from a Tales game, for example, simply due to the saturation. It seems like you've done a pretty exhaustive search, though, so I'm not sure...