The VG Resource

Full Version: Custom Link to the Past Board Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone! Hopefully I'm posting this in the right forum. If not, feel free to move it to whereever it belongs I wanted to share my work with all you Zelda geeks out there. Last summer I spent about 4 months and lots of money making a Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past board game. I had so much fun making it and me and some buddies play it occasionally. I just wanted to get your opinions on it. I based it off an old board game called Key to the Kingdom. I designed the board in photoshop, copying and pasting carefully all the SNES sprites from the game. and then I printed the sheets and put them on poster board. Of course this is more of a prototype but its still fun to play. I made the treasures, equipment and monster cards and got them laminated to have a glossy look. The link pieces were made from someone i found on etsy.com.

The pics are of the Link playing pieces, the light world side of the board and then it opens up into the darkworld side just like key to the kingdom did. The item and moster cards plus the equipment sheets.

Much to my surprise there were a couple of articles written about it on Zelda Dungeon and Zelda Universe which was very nice!

[Image: pic1294016_t.jpg]

[Image: pic1294017_t.jpg]

[Image: pic1294019_t.jpg]

[Image: pic1294020_t.jpg]

[Image: pic1294021_t.jpg]

[Image: pic1294024_t.jpg]

[Image: pic1294025_t.jpg]

here's my tutorial on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxQzrvrb6Ys
Not really sure how model submissions was even close to the right subforum, but okay.

Moved to Gaming Discussion.
Wow, this is awesome! Unfortunately I haven't played A Link to the Past (yet), but it looks great nonetheless. I'd love to make something like this once, maybe based off The Minish Cap or one of the M&L RPGs.

Once again, awesome! Cool
This is great! I've always wanted to make a physical representation of a video game, this is very inspiring!
An interesting idea, even if it does just seem like Key to the Kingdom with extra Zelda-based rules. I kind of want to try it out.
it's kind of cruel showing this to us, seeing as it seems quite fun, but is a homemade game and there are no possible means of obtaining it for us
I want to make those images bigger so I can drool over them Cry
if you want the files so you can build it yourself just give me your email address...i will happily give you a link so you can DL them Smile
Oh my, this IS quite awesome! I'm impressed~

I especially began to dry-heave when you showed off the chest concept on the video, holy shit that was creative Cry
(05-17-2012, 01:21 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Not really sure how model submissions was even close to the right subforum, but okay.

well its a model of my board game and i am submitting it? lol
Submissions is the section meant for sprite/texture/model/sound submissions, to have them uploaded to the website

Actually this topic should go in creativity, the section where you show off cool stuff you made (except for pixelart, which has it's own section)
Model as in 3D polygon based mc-jiggy. Not model as in art Wink

Anyways, looks smegging awesome. Would love to see some bigger photos of it mind.
This is actually really awesome...
(05-17-2012, 01:21 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Not really sure how model submissions was even close to the right subforum, but okay.

(05-22-2012, 04:10 AM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]This is actually really awesome...

Thanks! I am working on a Super Mario World board game now!