The VG Resource

Full Version: What safe and free camera product would you*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*recommend please? Thank you.

I am looking for a safe and free camera download [HyperCam 2 for example] that records footage or footages perfectly [no glitch, no glitches, no problem, no problems, no late, no lates, no early, no earlies basically captures all sound, sounds, movement, movements, other, others, mix, mixes perfectly]
and can change its x spot of recording and its y spot of recording and its width amount of recording and its height amount of recording.
Is this what you were looking for? (I'm sorry if I didn't understand you)

http://www.ispyconnect.com/
As far as free ones, you'll probably want to use Fraps or Gamecam if you're recording games.
I personally use Camtasia, but it isn't free...
*cough*torrentforthegoodones*cough*
xfire has a built in game camera, but xfire kinda sucks imo. i havent messed with it much, so i dont know if it can move around. also, a program called UCam does have x and y movement with the mouse, but i think it only comes with laptops that have a camera attachment. i use fraps because its simple and easy, but the 30 second limit is very meh. lexouduckisright
(05-15-2012, 04:31 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]As far as free ones, you'll probably want to use Fraps or Gamecam if you're recording games.

I thought you needed to buy them to get the full functionality. The demo versions of both Fraps and Gamecam have a 30 second recording time limit. Gamecam also doesn't record sounds until you register.

I'm with Lexou Duck ...
(05-16-2012, 01:52 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2012, 04:31 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]As far as free ones, you'll probably want to use Fraps or Gamecam if you're recording games.

I thought you needed to buy them to get the full functionality. The demo versions of both Fraps and Gamecam have a 30 second recording time limit.

Correct. I also think Fraps has a watermark in the trial.

Personally I use Taksi, but it's not the most user friendly thing ever. It takes some time to get your settings right, since you need to find a codec that gives you smooth performance, good quality and a manageable file size (1MB per minute as opposed to 500MB).

I would recommend that you give HyperCam a go, it's somewhat more user-friendly than Taksi and does pretty much the same.