The VG Resource

Full Version: Lexou spriting (hold your hats)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
help i don't know how to sprite

[Image: 2gkwe.png]
It's good, but you can still tweak with the outlines' shape to get them smoother.
You mean more antialiasing ? Like this ?
[Image: zPL0o.png]

Why is no one commenting :_(
This is TSR, noone never comments not.

The head still looke quite jaggy and the 'antialiasing' at the head's bottom doesn't help it, but makes it worse. Then there's still jaggy pattern on the arm (lower left), patterns like that (3-2Dope2-1-2-1) never look smooth, go for something more 3Dope2-2-2-1-1 etc (compare to potential or exponential functions).

He looks quite off-balance with the fat chunk and arms behind the thin supporting legs and only a tiny head as a counterweight.

For the belly tube, the outline color as inline shading appears as a second outline parallel to the actual outline.
I wouldn't worry too much about the balance part because of its very cartoony nature. Just focus on the outline for now.
[Image: 59kin.png]

Tried some tweaking around, not sure if it's better though :X
Also previous i didn't get your last comment ? a second parallel outline ?

Anywho, if/when you guys think the sprite is good, i think I'll animate it.
I did a bit of an edit, only a bit too. Used most of the original sprite from the first post, but added the fingers, and made the lines around the neck and stomach a bit more distinguishable
[Image: iLCTZMp8rd1pc.png]
haha it's pretty funny how you went from my first post sprite to this, which is pretty much the same as my latest version Smile

the noticeable changes are the fact that the tube lines have more space between them, and the head is rounded, but idk, i liked those 2 things better in my version :/
Yeah, not much of an edit, I agree. I just wanted to see what it would look with less lines around tubed bits Cute

I actually like your robot and I think you should definitely animate it Big Grin
(05-16-2012, 05:06 PM)Lexou Duck Wrote: [ -> ]Also previous i didn't get your last comment ? a second parallel outline ?
On 1x scale, it appears like this (at least to me)
[Image: GveoZ.png]
(not quite as exaggerated)
ok so this is my pixelart thread that i will bump every 5 years

[Image: 1Euev]

still WIP
You're doing edits, really?

The right hand is too wide and the thumb isn't connected at all. The left arm is cut off at the side and too short, you should move it inwards and put the shoulder higher. His left knee needs to be pointier and the blue could use more contrast or an additional, darker shade. Unimpressed
traditional Biannual bump

[Image: 2KkO5.png]
[Image: 36Wbj.png]

super tiny font i made

it's fun to make really small things and still get em to be readible
[Image: PxKnNrF.png]

on the pixelation forums they have this monthly thing called "commercial critique" where you suggest stuff and make edits of commercial games
this month its pokemon red/blue

so this guy called Sinkin made the top left one and it inspired me to enhance it so the player has more info