The VG Resource

Full Version: Megaman Legends 3 - Preview Models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so back a while Capcom worked with its fans to start development of an awesome game for a handheld that was in desperate need of games... well they scrapped it in favor of something else, and a buncha people were mad, some petitions were started and a few boycotts began.

Well I'm over all of that now, and I have been hanging onto these models for quite some time. Figured I would pass them on, someone else posted these on Capcom's devroom forum at some point but thats long since buried under a large pile of rubble.

So here they are, unchanged from the form they were in on the Capcom website. Models themselves are in DAE format.

First up Barrett, who was to be the main character of the promised Demo:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3i834gdy59hvmtn

And of course Aero, his female companion:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5y8a1a1davmb73o

Each model comes with the original collada viewer they were presented in on the website.

And for giggles, the video of Barrett I slapped together halfassedly a while back BEFORE the games cancellation. Big Grin

These will be a great addition to the site!
Oh my gawsh, this is beautiful.
And that "something else" was another Street Fighter. C'mon cappy, you are worse than nintendo when it comes to spawning sequels ('Course I'm over it now, but still, you can ALWAYS make something else besides Street Fighter Super Duper Extra Happy Fun Time Brawl II HD Turbo Remix). >.>

These would be a great addition to the site, however.
(05-13-2012, 01:40 PM)Gaia Wrote: [ -> ]These would be a great addition to the site, however.
Especially since Capcom's not using them anymore, The Models Resource would make a nice, new home for 'em.

And neat, they've also got rigging for their models (set all the bones' rotations to 90-0-0 for a T-stance)!
Well, I'm glad they get a warm welcome here. I'm still sad that they fell off into nothingness as far as capcom is concerned. Though I think the funding that was pulled from this was moved over to the production of Dragon's Dogma. Anyway~ Here's some Icons I guess.

[Image: XtcGX.png]
[Image: vIFDg.png]

They've been collecting dust on an SD card for a while now. [actually thought I lost them ages back during a computer reformat.] I dont have Max or anything like that, so working with DAE files is... well near impossible for me since blender runs like garbage on my computer. and Meteseq doesnt have DAE or rigging support sadly, there isn't much I can do with them myself.

All I have managed before was to use blender to convert Barrett into a .x file and re-rig and weight him in PMDE for MikuMikuDance. Was fun but a pain... and the conversion messed up his texture map on the bottoms of his feet for some reason. Well, Enjoy~ I know I am mostly a Lurker, but I'll contribute what I can. [More so when I get a new PC, whenever that happens]
The model renders in the icons shouldn't have white around them.
Try using the latest revision of the Icon Maker to fix this (save a transparent render of the model, and then in Icon Maker, choose to "Load Image").
Ahh its so sad to see these.

All that work for something may never get used. Oh well, you can hope, can you not?
;____________________________________________________________________;
Yea, it was pretty bad, but after ripping the models from the site and whatnot I haven't had much use for them, It wasn't until finding out that I still had them that I decided that this would be the best place for them in the long run. And from the reaction I can say it was a good choice. Big Grin

Though I was hoping there would be a preview model of Megaman that I could have ripped. [still wishing that someone could find that rare ever so elusive MML2 for PC and rip the models from it. lol.] But heh things never go as planned.

Anyway as for Icon's I'll fix that in a bit. anyone know of a good application that can flat out read DAE models to let me snap a transparent background shot of the models? I've tried getting max to run before, it just doesn't like my computer. And blender is almost a lost cause for me.
That's so awesome! Very nicely done! Big Grin

I'll upload these as soon as you make new icons. Cute

Also, moving the thread to Submissions.
(05-14-2012, 02:08 PM)RandomRedMage Wrote: [ -> ]Though I was hoping there would be a preview model of Megaman that I could have ripped. [still wishing that someone could find that rare ever so elusive MML2 for PC and rip the models from it. lol.] But heh things never go as planned.

It's not MML2 but I just uploaded MM64's Megaman if your interested. You can find the link in my sig. Smile
lol Megaman64, I've ripped from that before... I had Most characters ripped from it at one point. And with the structure of the models T-Posing isn't even hard. Yay simplicity. I might download him for giggles since I deleted all my rips of that game ages back. Maybe turn him into a MMD model. Big Grin

Aaaand on an incredibly random note, the 15th [yesterday] was my birthday. >_>; And my friend comes to pick me up for hangout time, on account that Dragons Dogma is comming out and were both chumps and buying it on release day and whatnot, so it's easier if we are chilling together before hand.... anyway long story short this friend got me a new computer to replace my 5 year old nightmare of a laptop.

I now have 500GB of HDD as opposed to 60GB and a quad core AMD Vision A6 processor. >_> world better than the Turion 64x dual core I was working with for so long. Needless to say I was floored by this act of awesomeness. Goes to show ya... some people just have awesome friends. >_> not that he didn't downplay the whole action. This shiney new laptop... is three days work for him... Ouch! yay for having very well to do buddies.

So I am going to be spending the next few days getting this thing running exactly how I'd like it to with all my fancy apps. And my old laptop I will likely keep around for the sole purpose of... ripping models from FFXI...
I went ahead and made new icons for you. Congrats on your first submissions to the site! Big Grin And such great models, at that!
Haha thanks. ^^; I'm stuck on stupid with blender so I went and got a student edition of 3dsmax... >_> downloading the 3gig installer. Cute New PC is shiney, and internet access permitting, I will do my best to submit more.

The credit for those 2 models really should go to capcom, for making it all too easy to nab them from their site >.<;