The VG Resource

Full Version: Check some Japanese Translations...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm secretly (well, not really secretly as some people know of its existence) working on a Inazuma Eleven 2 Firestorm undubbing (you know, putting the Jap names instead of the European/English names). I could ramble more about this, but this project is pretty much finished as I just borrowed mostly of Blizzard Remastered's undubs (you can swap/replace files between two games without ruining the exclusive stuff for the curious if you know what to replace).

Anyway, let's get to the point of the request... I asked my friend to do a rough translations of the Japanese opening song that appears before the title screen with the menus. I wouldn't ask her to do this if said translation of song was already available online. I was wondering if there's anyone here willing to confirm if her translations are correct and if not, to point out which ones are not so accurate and correct it or what sounds better. (like proof-reading).

I'd appreciate it a lot if anyone could help me out... xDSweatdrop
Sugee Maji de Kansha

シャンランラーラ シャンランララーラ
シャンランランララー
シャンランラーラ シャンランララーラ

ガムシャララ

シャンランラーラ シャンランララーラ
シャンランランララー
シャンランラーラ シャンランララ
マジで[感謝/かんしゃ]!
Really Thankful!

ツくなれたぜ!
I got heated up!

[1人/ひとり]じゃできなかった
I couldn't do it alone

[本当/ほんとう]に [仲間/なかま]たちに
So I'm thankful to my friends

スゲーッ マジで[感謝/かんしゃ]!
So, I’m really, super thankful!

どんな[強敵/きょうてき]が[現/あらわ]れたって
No matter what strong enemy appeared

ドロんこになって [笑/わら]われたって
or when we got covered in mud and laughed at

[前/まえ]に[進/すす]んで ボクたちは
we just kept moving forward

[進化/しんか]していくんだ そうさ
and evolving, yeah

[強/つよ]くなれたぜ
I got stronger

だけど まだまだ
but there's still more

とどろかせイナビカリ!!
Let the thunder send it

ボクらリタイアなんて[絶対/ぜったい]しない
we'll never give up

[何回/なんかい][負/ま]けたって
no matter how many times we lose

[燃/も]えつきねーぞ!!
we'll never stop burning up

[歯/は]をくいしばって
we clenched our teeth

ガマンしたけど
and endured for all this time but

[泣/な]いちまった でも
I cried. However,

みんなが かたをたたいてくれた
everyone patted my shoulder

[変/へん]に てれくさくて
It was weird and embarassing so

[言/い]えなかったんだよ
I couldn't say it before

『ありがとな』
'Thank you'

ボクたちのキズナスゲーッ[感謝/かんしゃ]!
I'm thankful for our 'incredible bond'

シャンランラーラ シャンランララーラ
シャンランランララー
シャンランラーラ シャンランララ
マジで[感謝/かんしゃ]!
Really Thankful!
Big Grin Thanks for that, I appreciate it a lot. I think your version confirms some things... I'll link my friend to this post when she gets online... xP
I just don't think everything is accurate though, so use your common sense to read both translations and settle for a good 'in-between' translation.
(05-10-2012, 08:31 PM)Arisa Wrote: [ -> ]I just don't think everything is accurate though, so use your common sense to read both translations and settle for a good 'in-between' translation.

Sure, sure I think I can go with that... xP