The VG Resource

Full Version: Does anyone know this format?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking into trying to rip the sprites from A Boy and His Blob and they are in .anb format. I found an animation software that animates hand drawn images that uses that extension so it made perfect sense that that was the correct software for these animations but it crashes when I try to open them.

Here's one of the files just in case.
http://www.mediafire.com/?nuw3li6xt9jbtdv

Any help would be appreciated.
I've looked into quite a few games in my time, and i can tell you unknown file formats are almost always just developer-exclusive formats.

Now are you sure those are the sprites ?
If they are, it's probably some kind of compression format, or maybe palette data, or even music, i dunno

i tell ya, if you can't find a third party software to convert these files into something usable by regular geeks, chances are it's not the filetype you're looking for, or nobody was interested in a boy and his blob. :/
I know they are the animations because, well, they are the only things besides scripts and sounds in the iso. The music are all oggs and sounds are wavs.
I just thought it was strange that the sound files (which normally have their own format for wii) were in mainstream formats but the images were not. There are even true font files (which I've installed into my computer hehe).

I guess this games sprites are unrippable for now. Oh Well.