The VG Resource

Full Version: Can't rip backgrounds: .5bg format?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

I searched and I searched and I couldn't find anything similar, so I decided to make a post. I would like to rip the backgrounds from Yugioh: Nightmare Troubadour for DS, but I can't figure out which files to pull. They aren't in .nsbmd or .ncgr format, already checked. By process of elimination, I think they're .5bg files (or .5pl, but I'm pretty sure those are just the palletes.) Could I please have some help in locating a program that lets me view and save those files? Cry

Also, I have attempted to use Desmume to take the backgrounds off of there, but there's so many that it'll be a very long and tedious process. My computer doesn't like that program very much, either, so the program crashes constantly and it's very frustrating.

Thank you so much for your help!
Maybe they are compressed or it is a raw image format. Try using changing the extension to .RAW and opening it in a program like Photoshop
They were originally .LZ5bg, so I decompressed them. I also tried the .RAW thing like you suggested but they show up really weird in Photoshop, so I don't think that's right. Thank you, though!
Thats a good sign. You only need to find the right settings for importing. Try experimenting with it.
(05-04-2012, 10:13 PM)Cake Wrote: [ -> ]They were originally .LZ5bg, so I decompressed them. I also tried the .RAW thing like you suggested but they show up really weird in Photoshop, so I don't think that's right. Thank you, though!