The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Mario Bros. 3 Custom Wario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all, this is my first post/thread/submission. I think I did everything right.

[Image: jkr-qSWe4T-eK1wRV5Y6RGJGq9MFLETo]
[Image: 4A3rlldIvz9efC2vjRvUdLDJNhHM7WcA]

If I did something wrong just tell me and I'll fix it.
Its a poorly edited mario sprite, it doesn't even look like wario.
It's not incredibly bad, but it could be better, much better. :/
Ok, what needs changing? He's got the nose, mustache, the right color clothes, he is "bigger", and has the curly elf shoes.
Something about the nose just doesn't look right.
I think they look fine.

People are just complaining because they're used to seeing Wario in Wario Land graphics. This is what Wario would look like in Super Mario Bros. 3
No were not
It looks like a mario sprite minorly edited.
Why not make him actually look like wario

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wario
Semi-bad Mario edit, actually make it custom; like cshad said.
If he tried to make him look more like Wario, they would lose the Super Mario Bros. 3 look.
(09-01-2008, 02:10 AM)Food_Eater Wrote: [ -> ]If he tried to make him look more like Wario, they would lose the Super Mario Bros. 3 look.

Not necessarily, if done right, it can be sprited custom very well.

My main gripe would have to be the apparent pillow shading on this edit's stomach and legs. Shading on a sprite shouldn't require one to put the same number of shades on all sides. In fact, the closer the highlight is to the light source, the fewer shades/amount of shade is seen on that one side.
personally, it is good for a beginer but i have seen better. good job though and good luck for your next sprites.
The only things i find bad about this is his nose and the shading on his overalls, besides all of that it looks alright.

Make his brightest purple color a bit more darker, and make his nose alittle more garlic shaped. Like how you have it on his kicking and jumping pose's on your sprite sheet. But a bit more garlic shaped and less big.
I guess I should've posted in the sprite discussion.
The dark grey (black almost) randomly switches to pure black.
eg. Half the mustache in the jumping pose.
(09-01-2008, 05:16 PM)~BRICKLIN~ Wrote: [ -> ]The dark grey (black almost) randomly switches to pure black.
eg. Half the mustache in the jumping pose.

I thought I fixed that.
Pages: 1 2