The VG Resource

Full Version: Yawackhary's Misc Stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Even though I am slowly improving in ripping (still not at the higher leagues yet), the main problem was that there was a lack of quality control within myself.

Oh yeah, sheets are not fully complete are also here to see if I did indeed get them all.

Progress (from this thread):
Tails and the Music Maker Drawing Page - Done and on the site.
Asterix and the power of the Gods Asterix - Checked/completed game and the missing sprites are unused.
Castlevania Stuff - Done and on the site.
Super Street Fighter 2 M.Bison - All tiles are ripped but may need checking on a more accessable emulator (Kawaks?) for correctness.

Incomplete rips progress (not on site or forums) and reasons:
Asterix arcade Asterix - Laziness? Bad emulation? Unknown?
Sonic's Gameworld - Waiting for Japanese dump (different sprites) and better emulator before continuing
Tails and the Music Maker Tails - Better emulator?
Sonic 3D Badniks - So far the first badnik is in progress but it will be slow...
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure Pitfall Harry - Work on that is very slow due to time arranging on one sprite...
Ferias Frustradas do Pica Pau (Woody Woodpecker) - For some reason I have two incomplete files, maybe continue?
Rocket Knight Adventures 2 Enemies - Working on the first enemy stopped after that. Might continue later.

Unable to do
Dynamite Dux Bin/Pin (arcade) - Abandoned due to no otherway than capturing. Instead the Amiga version was done and complete.
SegaSonic the Hedgehog - Obviously. According to Ragey it is stored in such a way that even the best rippers can scream.
Crazy Climber 2 - Gave up.
Psycho Soldier - Black background in every result. Must be another way surely...
Might as well put it here because my head has been scratching for about a couple of weeks.

[Image: tailsandthemusicmaker-page5.png]

In case you don't know this, this is from Tails and the Music Maker a currently unemulated Sega Pico game (which is why I had to rip from the ROM - according to a website it is the Final Page) that has only recently been dumped in that prototype batch (using the latest date which I believe to be the final version).

Using a 6 year old JPG as a reference, this has been very hard.
Thought it was easy until I realised something near the end of ripping this (so close as well)...

[Image: aatpofg-asterix.png]
Oh Christ... Good luck on those Blank
I could never rip
Me neither. Maybe RTB can help?
[Image: castlevaniabl-itemsweapons.png]

The only reason why I posted it in here and not submissions is because I'm not sure on a couple of things. Even though I badly need an expert (Badbatman? Smithy?), I looked at Smithy's list and got confused on Spear Head (is it a subweapon later in the game or LeCarde's own weapon) and is the ball thing that I ripped the Crystal weapon? Also does the crystal change colour?

Not really sure..
Not quite yes and this isn't delicious until it is cooked:
[Image: ssf2-mbisonwip.png]

I know a bit messy (more than usual) but that is all I can do for MAME. Will still work on this but in my own time and trying to remember something else...
Might as well put this here because I have a question.

Is it okay to rip a mobile phone game that is official from the company? This is the game in question http://www.segamobile.com/Sonic_at_the_Olympic_Games and I have the sprites all ready there just arranging (Also I have both the normal and the SE versions of the game which have different sprites).

If anyone has the answer then please do.