The VG Resource

Full Version: Ploaj's Puddle of Models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a puddle because I'm not sure I'll rip models too often Tongue

So I've been busy all week and haven't got to rip anything or do ANYTHING but today I found some free time and it some how led to learning to rip models.
Anyway I think I've got the hang of it thanks to Tsuyoi Jetters-san's tutorial thingy :p

So here is my attempt. I'm pretty sure I did everything right..
Naruto Clash of the Ninja Revolution 3 (Wii)
[Image: FbfXg.png]
[Image: P76zs.png]

Edit:
[Image: hBfKT.png]
[Image: PUdfX.png]
It looks pretty good how you included all the textures and stuff. The only problem is that your DAE and OBJ won't load properly for me Sad
Strange, I opened both in blender and they seemed to work just fine.
What are you opening them with?
3ds max. It seems it doesnt like blender exported files Sad
Only the obj is exported in blender and I don't have 3ds max so I'm not really sure why it wouldn't load properly.
I'll rip it again and make sure I didn't mess up somewhere.
Why did you export it in Blender? BRRES Viewer can export .OBJs (but only if you do it one at a time or it won't include the .MTL with it) just fine. Unless you mean something else?
Oh I didn't know that, still learning. I only see psk and md5? Could you point me in the right direction?
You're using an older version. Use this one
(04-23-2012, 03:34 PM)Ploaj Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I didn't know that, still learning. I only see psk and md5? Could you point me in the right direction?
Yea I kinda already figured that out lol thanks anyway :p
Edit:
Not really a spoiler just so it's not a page stretcher
The rips looks pretty good to me. Not sure why the Blender-made OBJ isn't working for TGE, as it loads fine for me. However, if you want to ensure maximum compatibility for everyone who opens the model, I recommend replacing the Blender-made OBJs.

When I first opened the model, it took me a moment to realize it was one of those that has built-in fake outlines, as my program renders backfaces by default, making the whole model black. Tongue
Why don't you render your Previews and Icons? The black outlines look abit ugly without Anti-Aliasing
He's just starting out. Rendering is not necessary just yet. That's something a bit more complex that should come later.
Even if it is jaggy, you can still see the model, and most people know that that's just how the raw model looks by default. Looking great Ploaj! Keep practicing and you'll get the hang of things. Big Grin
Sorry it took me so long, but I've gone ahead and uploaded these. I look forward to future rips from you!