The VG Resource

Full Version: just had a really cool experience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just hanging out in my neighborhood in Brooklyn and found a guy on the side of the street in a booth selling all kinda of old video games and accessories, so of course I went in.
The bulk of his stock was all kinds of beaded sprites. They were hanging all over the place and he had made all kinds of games represented from Mario to Metroid. A bunch of the neighbor kids were in there poking around and wearing giant plastic medallions around their necks. One of them had a Dry Bones that I knew, but not from a game. I immediately recognized it as NOBody's style. As I looked closer I saw some more fan sprites among his P-Wings and E-Tanks, and I knew each spriters based on his/her works. SemiJuggalo's Peach was also there, as were a few others.
I gave him the address to TSR and told him I'd be back. Maybe i'll get some pictures when I do.

It's no big deal. It's just really cool seeing some of our stuff out there in the real world. I thought you'd all like to hear about it. Smile
See, this is the sort of stuff that makes we wish that I didn't think I'm hopeless at customs and would actually give it a go sometime.

But anyway, cool experience indeed. I'm hoping that he'll join and I can welcome him to one of the best niches of the web.
That's cool! Nice to actually see TSR's hard work out there.
That's just the beginning...

Wait 'til people find out Tonberry's real-life identity, he'll be hounded by fangirls and fanboys

"OMG YOU'RE TONBERRY2K?! YOU MADE THE SUPER MARIO RPG-STYLED LUIGI ALL BY YOURSELF?!?! EEEEEEEEEEEEE~~~"
*Sniff* this is why I love customs! It's your work and your style, and people will love it.

I remember someone made a crappy sprite comic with my crappy Ice Climber sprites. Even though it was bad, I felted heart warmed by it. Especially seeing "Thank you Koopaul" at the bottom.
(05-02-2012, 05:22 PM)Sengi~ Wrote: [ -> ]Wait 'til people find out Tonberry's real-life identity, he'll be hounded by fangirls and fanboys

To be fair, I've been spotted out at a couple gaming events, and also on the London Underground on the way to work a few times.

Even in Norwich while waiting around for a friend someone spotted me out, and we became friends after that. Was a bit odd.

So yeah, it's not that weird, but being hounded is a bit different I guess. These people just said that it's a cool site and they love using it. I don't even know how they recognised me, probably because of the long hair and hat?
It is because they sence your dazztacular aura.
A subconscious phenomenon, really.
Thor has his hammer,
Iron Man has his reactor-thing,
Spiderman has a spider,
Superman has his crest,
Batman has that bat logo,

and Dazz has his hat...
Not gonna lie..

This makes me want to go back into making sprites for different game styles again.
I can't wait to see the pics. I'm glad that other people's work are being admired like this.
Gotta love the fans! Sometimes I'll even get some PMs from them saying "thank you" or whatever. Makes me feel good inside.
Hey this is actually really cool. Did he check us out? Did he already know? You should have told him who you were if he did, would have flipped his shit! Sorry if this was already mentioned in the topic, I didn't read it. ALSO, I would love for you to actually buy me one, I could send you the money for it of course. But then you'd have to ship it. I don't know, would still like to support him if I could in some way.