The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic Generations' Sonics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so this is a game I've been enjoying far more than I should, and I've been wanting to try and get back into this spriting thing for a while, so I figured I'd give this a shot; Sonic Generations' Sonics in a kinda classic 2D style - Sonic 3ish. It certainly isn't perfect, but I like what I got. I may animate it. Maybe. Unlikely, but who knows?
[Image: oldmeetsnew.png]
Anyways, there it is. Any advice etc would be rather nice.
I kinda like them this way You know... you can really do it good Big Grin
tall sonic is kinda unbalanced, place his head a little forward. also I'd avoid using selout that much, it makes your work noisy and ugly.
I'm aware this is a fairly huge bump but oh well.
Comment noted about the head, that's a fairly easy fix. The selout not so much. How exactly do you recommend I use it less? I'm not sure how it should be cleaned up.
Modern Sonic's torso looks a bit flat. Classic sonic's head is a bit jaggy as well. Other than that, they look a-okay to me. Smile
Looks flat? Do you mean the skin coloured part?

And yeah, the head is kinda jaggy, looking at it, let's see if I can't have a go at smoothing that out.
EDIT:
Better?
(06-07-2012, 12:46 PM)Heckle Wrote: [ -> ]Looks flat? Do you mean the skin coloured part?

And yeah, the head is kinda jaggy, looking at it, let's see if I can't have a go at smoothing that out.
EDIT:
Better?

due to the background and other stuff, i am having trouble seeing tall sonic's right leg on the small scale sprite. try moving the hand(s) to make the legs more obvious
When making backgrounds, use contrasting colours to make the sprite stand out. A yellow or orange would work here.
[Image: oldmeetsnew.png]?
The jaggy lines that classic sonic used to have are gone, but now, the top of his head is a single color. What I meant by implying that modern's chest was flat was that it isn't supposed to look like that. His torso is supposed to bulge out a little. His legs are a bit to long as well. Try balancing the length of his abdomen and his legs. His index finger look too big.
[Image: heightsonics.png]
Fixed what you mentioned, except the height, which I honestly feel is accurate compared to Classic Sonic.
You're misunderstanding me. Modern's height is fine. It's just that his legs are a bit too long in comparison with his upper body. Shorten his legs, and pull his upper body down a bit (while keeping his height). The sprites look awesome now though. Smile