The VG Resource

Full Version: Help on decompressing the cmp files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do need some help trying to decompress the cmp files so it can be editable. Everytime i decompress them. I get this: FILENAME.brres_NONE.bin. Could someone help me make it like this: FILENAME.brres_DECOMP.bin so that i can be able to open the file to BrawlBox and Brresviewer. Could someone make the video tutorial and post it to Youtube on how to decompress the cmp files and make the decompressed files editable so that i can view them and edit them please?
From which game?
There are alot of extensions that are different like example .arc files. You have the nintendo variant and the ps360 and the PSP variant.
(04-12-2012, 08:29 PM)Brandondorf9999 Wrote: [ -> ]I do need some help trying to decompress the cmp files so it can be editable. Everytime i decompress them. I get this: FILENAME.brres_NONE.bin. Could someone help me make it like this: FILENAME.brres_DECOMP.bin so that i can be able to open the file to BrawlBox and Brresviewer. Could someone make the video tutorial and post it to Youtube on how to decompress the cmp files and make the decompressed files editable so that i can view them and edit them please?

Kirby's Return to Dreamland and its on wii.
Since I've already had 'em all decompressed, here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n0kyqiee0g1lo

But for future reference, you need to have "-x" in the command prompt before the filename, or else it won't decompress.
(04-13-2012, 03:49 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]Since I've already had most of them decompressed, I'll finish decompressing the models and I'll be uploading them here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n0kyqiee0g1lo

But for future reference, you need to have "-x" in the command prompt before the filename, or else it won't decompress.

But could you upload a video tutorial on Youtube because the program closes quickly so that i can't put it there.
(04-13-2012, 04:34 PM)Brandondorf9999 Wrote: [ -> ]But could you upload a video tutorial on Youtube because the program closes quickly so that i can't put it there.
Code:
for /f %%a IN ('dir /b *.cmp') do ntcompress.exe %%a -x

Paste that in a TXT file, then save it as "ntcompress.bat". Put that and ntcompress.exe in the same folder with the CMP files, and it'll batch-decompress them. (You'll have to change the "*.cmp" if any files from other games have different extensions.)
(04-13-2012, 04:47 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2012, 04:34 PM)Brandondorf9999 Wrote: [ -> ]But could you upload a video tutorial on Youtube because the program closes quickly so that i can't put it there.
Code:
for /f %%a IN ('dir /b *.cmp') do ntcompress.exe %%a -x

Paste that in a TXT file, then save it as "ntcompress.bat". Put that and ntcompress.exe in the same folder with the CMP files, and it'll batch-decompress them. (You'll have to change the "*.cmp" if any files from other games have different extensions.)

On which one. The blank one or something?