The VG Resource

Full Version: dungeon fight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: yKF5C.png]
based on this image
I saw the images by Katsuya Terada for the first few zelda games and they're amazing! so i'm making this

crits and shits if you please!
the sprites could have a little more drastic contrast to make them pop out more, and maybe make the blue guy bigger to balance the piece a little.
[Image: UkWAy.png]
upped the contrast on link, probably too bright. i might darken & desaturate the tunic a bit more to my liking
i originally just made link as a standalone but then i stuck the background behind him but didn't think of making him clearer

i'll have a look into a bigger big guy and see what the composition's like
yeah, the colors do look better now

can't wait for more progress!
The canvas is so vast and empty! Why?
i'd asume its because he hasn't put more detail on the enviroment.
yeah basically, it's empty because i haven't filled it yet Wink

i'll be working on this today so expect a little progress
it's too wide and links pose is less dynamic. if you look at katsuya terada's original image, there's this real feeling of battle that accompanies it. because link is so /close/ to his enemy that it looks like he's actually in danger, and his body language is telling you that he's preparing to dodge/defend, he's holding his shield close to his body and looking *up* at his opponent. in your picture links far away and his pose doesn't really tell me that he's in any actual danger at all.
MRSKELETON is spot-on, that's what I was implying in my previous question.
Here's an edit, hopefully reducing all this empty space:
[Image: Y6wen.png]
You should work more on perspective, it can give a strong impression, through the position of the view and the angle.
I think the characters should interact more, too.
Keep going!