The VG Resource

Full Version: Donkey Kong Country Project K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Last video uploaded

Last image available
[Image: Ju7UO4j.png]

More info coming soon
cool!!! a image!

it is not enough for a gamedev topic. I am tired of explaining this every single time (it's on the rules, even!!!), but a gamedev topic must have all the key stuff to be valid, such as gameplay, artwork, screenshots, any solid evidence that it is not a single image and IS indeed a game.

I'll give you time to fix it, or else I'll need to lock and warn you.
Did he put up the video before or after you posted that? Cause the video seems like plenty of proof that there's some work going on.
he put the video after I posted that. The original post had only the image.
(04-02-2012, 10:06 AM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]he put the video after I posted that. The original post had only the image.

Wrong, i did post it with this topic.
you may havn't seen it.

Here's also an early alpha/beta :
http://www.mediafire.com/?9w6shesx8sajj0w

Movement and animations are 70% done.
just use the arrows to move for now.

I don't know, the video didn't appear in the first post when I saw it.

well, I retract myself then, the jump/walk physics look pretty good.

New video, bleh.
It actually looks pretty solid so far. Nice work!
just played the demo, and I gotta say that the physics feel awesome
I love the impact dk makes when jumping from a high platform
One suggestion I'd make (and I'm not sure if you already intend to do this or not) is to add a rolling move with the same physics as in the original dkc
since donkey kong is pretty slow a quick rolling attack would be perfect, especially if it can add length to your jump like in the original game
(06-03-2012, 05:07 PM)Zac Wrote: [ -> ]just played the demo, and I gotta say that the physics feel awesome
I love the impact dk makes when jumping from a high platform
One suggestion I'd make (and I'm not sure if you already intend to do this or not) is to add a rolling move with the same physics as in the original dkc
since donkey kong is pretty slow a quick rolling attack would be perfect, especially if it can add length to your jump like in the original game

I made him either walk or run, and the run is faster now.
Also yeah, i'm planning on adding the rolling move. Movement engine is 75% done.
Looking Cool man. So far so good. The sfx sound great. The animation is fluent. Waiting for the music... All in all this should turn out pretty cool. I'm a big DK fan from way back so I'll be sure to play the finished product. Good stuff. Smile
Tried out the beta and mmmmmmmyes I love it already

I really like the effect you use when falling from way high up - that's a nice touch. Graphics are pretty great too and the movement is solid. Can't wait to see more of this!

Latest video i uploaded.
one thing I could say is wrong is that the bridge doesn't really comply to the information that a heavy ape is standing on it
This is looking amazing so far! Perhaps when things are farther along we can help out with the sprites.
Pages: 1 2 3 4