The VG Resource

Full Version: MOTHER-style character views
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Turns out I'm working for a fan project now! I go from Cloud Journey (and other original works) to a MOTHER fangame, yet I have no regrets. There's a lot of detail being put in quality that most fanworks don't strive for.

[Image: 2012-04-01_2336.png]

However, the writer/leader has been a bit silly when it comes to confidentiality. He treats PR as if we were a fuckin' triple-A, high-budget studio title -- which, if you knew him, would make sense, but the only thing I mind is not having enough feedback. I'm looking for some C+C beyond what the team can offer.

Thoughts on these sheets?
Is that for Mother 4? Wow they look great Big Grin
I can't personally see anything wrong with them they look very professional
Hey, I kinda applied you for Nintendo.

I hope you're not mad or anything.
Mother 4 would not look as good as it does without you.
They're good!
However, I find the shape of the blonde guy's fringe (in pose south-east) too straight. Think more like the curve that you find the in the brown-haired boy's fringe.
I hope to see more! Smile
The blonde guy has no blunt fringe. I don't know how broad the term is used, so I'm assuming you meant the bit on the side.

[Image: 2012-04-02_1743.png]

But man, if anything, I'm worried about the palettes. On some monitors they look really desaturated, while the one I'm working at shows them pretty vividly. See the purple-haired chick? At times her hair is more of a grey/elderly color than intended. It doesn't work too well with her hairstyle.

edit: yo sean, you should submit yourself. there's no way they could resist you!
and yeah, Ploaj, this is for M4. thanks.
If it makes you feel any better, they're very vivid on my computer screen :>
Just wanted to say these are radulartastic and I look forward to seeing continued progress!
Yeah, the colors pop pretty well on my monitor as well, so I think you're good to go. Smile
Everyone else has said this already, but excellent work on these and I look forward to seeing what you do next.
Good to hear. Thanks for the extra feedback, guys. Surprise

[Image: 2012-04-02_2311.png]

Have some early run cycles. These probably need more attention than the views.
The head when running looks a little off in my opinion.
I think it would look better if his head would stay looking down like when he's charging
[Image: mMgBL.png]
but it could just be me
I was browsing the Mother 4 website, and was blown away when i saw you were the spriter for the project.
Not surprised, but still blown away. I remember browsing the official thread way back when, when the project
was still run completely by Chaisu.

You and Gabe are doing an amazing job for the graphics on this game.
I have nothing bad to say about the overworld sprites thus far, some stuff on
what I have seen in screenshots but I will save that for another thread.
LilGrim's on-board now too. He signed up last month, so the spriting team is basically a ~PT party~

And that sounds about right, Ploaj. It'd probably look better in all of the running views.