The VG Resource

Full Version: MLYBDK Shy Guys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Interesting...
beats the hell outa mine

:|

:|
A lot of the shading looks pillowy.
The sprites need a LOT of fixing, and im glad you have posted this it, you've made it one step, now the shading looks pillowed, and thew lineart needs big improvements it's just too jagged.
Yeeeah um. I HIGHLY suggest posting a single sprite or two before you go all out and make over a thousand without any help along the way.

Because....this...isn't good. >_>

-shading is pillowed....most of it doesn't make sense anyway. way to many things are disagreeing with what seems to be a light source from above.
-colors suck. they hurt the eyes
-lines are jagged. they also hurt the eyes
-concept is uh....well....you made a shyguy out of poop.
-WAY TOO MUCH COPYPASTA

i feel like im being too nice >_>

cuz in my eyes this is pure fail.
(08-29-2008, 03:47 PM)CoolYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]The sprites need a LOT of fixing, and im glad you have posted this it, you've made it one step, now the shading looks pillowed, and thew lineart needs big improvements it's just too jagged.

Ok, I know what Pillow shading is, (which I did do), but what's lineart (is it like something to do with the outline?)
(08-29-2008, 03:52 PM)MARIOLUIGIYOSHIBOWSERDK Wrote: [ -> ](which I didn't do)

angel guy

its so pillow shaded that its like a shaded pillow.
These concepts are not only horrible, poorly executed, some unnesacary, but the sprites themselves need quite a bit of work.

-Dark- pretty much said everything.
(08-29-2008, 03:51 PM)-Dark- Wrote: [ -> ]1)Yeeeah um. I HIGHLY suggest posting a single sprite or two before you go all out and make over a thousand without any help along the way.

Because....this...isn't good. >_>

2)-shading is pillowed....most of it doesn't make sense anyway. way to many things are disagreeing with what seems to be a light source from above.
3)-colors suck. they hurt the eyes
4)-lines are jagged. they also hurt the eyes
5)-concept is uh....well....you made a shyguy out of poop.
6)-WAY TOO MUCH COPYPASTA

i feel like im being too nice >_>

cuz in my eyes this is pure fail.
1) Yeah the forum I came from isn't really a sprite forum, so yeah.
2) Yeah, can I someone help on how to make it better?
3) Yeah I should fix that, mainly the colour sucks because its close to the MS Paint defualts.
4) Yeah, can I someone help on how to make it better?
5) That, was made cause someone told me to do one, it's not serious.
6) Yeah, I do all my works on MS Paint, but I know I should do better.
(08-29-2008, 03:56 PM)-Dark- Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2008, 03:52 PM)MARIOLUIGIYOSHIBOWSERDK Wrote: [ -> ](which I didn't do)

angel guy

its so pillow shaded that its like a shaded pillow.

sorry, I ment I did do.
Don't try to fix this....its way too much work to fix and you will be spending weeks just making a little better. It's not worth it.

But I see you want to improve so not all hope is lost yet.

anyways start over. yeah i said it. and this time start with a regular shyguy.

BTW, we ALL use MS paint.
(08-29-2008, 04:06 PM)-Dark- Wrote: [ -> ]Don't try to fix this....its way too much work to fix and you will be spending weeks just making a little better. It's not worth it.

But I see you want to improve so not all hope is lost yet.

anyways start over. yeah i said it. and this time start with a regular shyguy.

I don't care about too much work, I'll do it, even if it's not worth it or not, but a fresh start hmm.......

btw: is 8 bit, 16 bit, and virtual boy shy guy okay?
They are the best of all of the sheets. Don't get me wrong...they're still not so good Ded

Yeah I know its hard to scrap sheets this big, but you won't improve nearly as much if you don't.
OK, how does this look?
[Image: aaaahy7.png]
attention whore name.
and stop banding/pillowshading.
Pages: 1 2