The VG Resource

Full Version: Vrath's Layton's London Life Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As an avid fan of the Professor Layton series, I was very disappointed to find that there were no sprites of the characters in their tiny forms. So here I am with my own rips of the basic player character of Layton's London Life.

[Image: LondonLifeSpritesheet.png]

I still feel as though it's sort of lacking.

I intend to include the hairstyles and clothes when I have the time to do it.
I don't know how you spriters do it. It took me seven hours to do this thing.
Not too shabby. I wasn't planning to do the player characters anytime soon, so nice to see somebody giving it a shot.

The problem with the player characters is that they're customizable, and so clothes and hairstyles are kind of hard to rip properly. You'd have to rip them from all sides and all animations without the player, and since they're on the same layer that's not such an easy task. You'd also have to be able to rip the player absolutely "naked", so that the user of the sprites can attach hairstyles and clothes cleanly.

This is mainly what put me off doing the player. I'm not sure how you're planning to do it, but you seem to be determined enough. And with Tinke it'll be much easier too Tongue

In any case, good luck!