The VG Resource

Full Version: [IDEA] (Sidescrolling) Sonic Unleashed Flash.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey SR! Haven't been here in a while Tongue

anyway, I had this idea for quite some time now and i cant let it go - and if I do, it comes back. As you can see from the thread subject, i want to make a sonic unleashed flash game. I plan on making it in Flash: ActionScript 2, because I don't know enough AS3 yet. Sad

But I have a few coding problems that I need to work out before I really get this up and running like stage layout and boss coding. Im an intermediate coder in AS2 though, so this'll be hard. So I guess im putting this here for future refrence...unless someone wants to help me iron these problems out Wink

But here's the MAIN Idea of the game. Big Grin

on a regular evil day for dr eggman, he's creating a robot. The robot usually is targeted for sonic....but its now targeted for sonic AND shadow. (y'know, after the hero ark think and disobeying eggman) the robot is just carrying out commands to bring them down, and sets out to find the 2 heroes. this is when the player comes in. the bot finds shadow in a field running, and stops him. the player must defeat it. when done, the robot backs down, looking for less of a challenge. it finds sonic. you must survive at least a minute while playing with him. when the minute is up, a cut scene comes in and shows sonic about to be defeated -- then shadow comes in. player defeats it one more time with shadow. robot retreats, and gets MASSIVELY upgraded by eggman. neither sonic or shadow can beat it now. player now must travel through a number of levels using either sonic or shadow to cocllect the chaos emeralds, use them to eventually become super shadic and defeat the omega robot: B4Bx1.

your recommended improvements are welcome! Your opinions are WIDELY open! This might or might not be the final storyboard. Smile
There's not much of an IDEA besides making yet another sonic fangame with yet another standard storyline, standard gameplay and standard levels. Just saying. You might want to come up with more creative ideas which enhance gameplay or use wicked level layouts or anything which would make your game stick out from the masses.
Aside from that, I'd advice you to go ahead and make it in AS3 - no better way to learn it than to use it.
(03-24-2012, 04:00 AM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]There's not much of an IDEA ... ETC.

Thanks for the advice! I can see why it would seem like yet another sonic fangame. I would plan to add more, but the only real way to achieve that easily is to use AS3. Id add boosting, epic SUPER interactive boss battles like those seen in god of war, maybe even a switch between 2D gameplay and 3d gameplay(Which im pretty sure is possible, scince its been done in other types of flashes). I probably should really try to learn ALOT more before attempting this. Thanks again! Big Grin