The VG Resource

Full Version: Dragon Ball characters in the style of Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First two are Goku and Frieza.

[Image: gokugscstylesprites.gif]

[Image: frzgscstylesprites.gif]

I did the latter one some time ago, but didn't get to submit it here.
I don't like Gokus hair in the overworld, it doesn't look natural, and how the hair looks to be in different positions in everyframe.
His battle sprite has a right angle rectangle chunk taken out of it that looks unnatural.
Frieza, is white in battle but naturally coloured in overworld?
and the side animations aren't on the same scale as the front/back animations.
Theres also no sense of depth in overworld characters, and they Gokus battle stance looks too cartoonish for pokemon, with no clear shading on skin.
In short:
To many straight lines as well overall.
More shading and contrast overall.
Imply sense of depth.
(03-23-2012, 12:33 PM)JoeButler Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like Gokus hair in the overworld, it doesn't look natural, and how the hair looks to be in different positions in everyframe.
Frieza, is white in battle but naturally coloured in overworld?
Theres also no sense of depth in overworld characters
Imply sense of depth.

Yes, Frieza is naturally colored in his overworld sprites because there is no white in the blue overworld character palette. Take a look at this overworld character palette chart. There are four palettes altogether.

[Image: gsccharacteroverworldpa.gif]

I might think about starting a spriting project involving Dragon Ball characters in the style of Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver. There could be a fan game involved as well.

I might think about doing Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Videl next.
the sprites are wonky and doesn't resemble either the original character nor Pokémon's art style. You have little notion of anatomy which makes the sprite ugly and weird as fuck.

also due to the overworld sprite size, the sprites barely resemble Goku or Frieza but I guess there's nothing much to be done in a sprite such small.
(03-28-2012, 12:12 AM)LDEJRuff Wrote: [ -> ]I might think about starting a spriting project involving Dragon Ball characters in the style of Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver. There could be a fan game involved as well.

stop.

no.

reconsider the issue about your lack of proper skills to properly develop a sprite to both protrait a character(first) and to portrait it in a specific style (second) BEFORE even considering the idea of starting a project, solely for the reason you're trying to grab way more than what you can hold.

take it easy. develop yourself and your skills. either you'll improve or you'll end stacking massive amounts of failure under your belt.
(03-28-2012, 06:57 PM)Meta Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2012, 12:12 AM)LDEJRuff Wrote: [ -> ]I might think about starting a spriting project involving Dragon Ball characters in the style of Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver. There could be a fan game involved as well.

stop.

no.

reconsider the issue about your lack of proper skills to properly develop a sprite to both protrait a character(first) and to portrait it in a specific style (second) BEFORE even considering the idea of starting a project, solely for the reason you're trying to grab way more than what you can hold.

take it easy. develop yourself and your skills. either you'll improve or you'll end stacking massive amounts of failure under your belt.

Well, I already submitted my overworld and in-battle sprites of Frieza on deviantART before I posted them here. I'd edit them now, but I got banned from dA two months ago. Now I can't edit the sprites. I'm sorry.
(04-06-2012, 04:54 PM)LDEJRuff Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I already submitted my overworld and in-battle sprites of Frieza on deviantART before I posted them here. I'd edit them now, but I got banned from dA two months ago. Now I can't edit the sprites. I'm sorry.

Really?

No. Just no.

You uploaded them somewhere, and because you got banned you can't update them any more? How does that even make sense? So you can't upload the improved sprites to DeviantArt. Okay. Don't. Find somewhere else to upload them. Seriously, either you really are that stupid, or you're trying to find excuses not to work at your sprites. I'm not sure which is better, frankly.
(04-06-2012, 05:50 PM)Hoeloe Wrote: [ -> ]You uploaded them somewhere, and because you got banned you can't update them any more? How does that even make sense? So you can't upload the improved sprites to DeviantArt. Okay. Don't. Find somewhere else to upload them. Seriously, either you really are that stupid, or you're trying to find excuses not to work at your sprites. I'm not sure which is better, frankly.

I already appealed to get un-banned once, but got rejected. One of the dA admins said that I can re-appeal in two months, so I can do it if I can get un-banned.

Anyway, I have a Sheezyart account, so I may post the sprites there (pre- and post-updated).
Your posts... they confuse me...
Your have the sprites right there in your first post you can copy them to paint or save them then work on them.
So how does getting banned from deviant art have anything to do with working on the sprites?
You know you can just re-upload them for each update and post them in this thread, right? Ouch! Being banned from DA seems to have nothing to do with that, seeing as how you gave us the links to the deviations in question; if you were able to do that, then you should be able to see them.
I just sent a re-appeal to dA a few days ago. However, no staff member, not even GodofOdd, has ever replied to me since. And I'm still waiting to be un-banned.
Those sprites look wired as HELL!

Mod Note: Please do not make posts like these without providing some form of constructive criticism, thanks.
(04-15-2012, 02:47 AM)LDEJRuff Wrote: [ -> ]I just sent a re-appeal to dA a few days ago. However, no staff member, not even GodofOdd, has ever replied to me since. And I'm still waiting to be un-banned.

I still fail to see why you being banned from DeviantArt stops you working on these sprites. Forget about DeviantArt. Fix them, then upload them to imgur or something.
(04-15-2012, 03:59 AM)Hoeloe Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-15-2012, 02:47 AM)LDEJRuff Wrote: [ -> ]I just sent a re-appeal to dA a few days ago. However, no staff member, not even GodofOdd, has ever replied to me since. And I'm still waiting to be un-banned.

I still fail to see why you being banned from DeviantArt stops you working on these sprites. Forget about DeviantArt. Fix them, then upload them to imgur or something.
Fine. At least I'll learn something from DragoArt.com.

Oh, and by the way, I'll be unbanned soon.
well, come back when you're unbanned.