The VG Resource

Full Version: Need tips from spriters.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so I guess I am new to the world of sprite art and I need some major tips to keep me from getting pwned out of the forums by people. I have been working on a sprite comic for a while and before I publish it I'd like to ask some advice on what the best way is to go about getting my comic out there. People keep telling me I shouldn't use bitmaps so what kind of file should they be in? You know things like that. Thanks for the advice!
1. Don't act arrogant, expect criticism and try to improve if you do get any criticism.

2. Use either .png or.gif formats. MS Paint can save files in .png format (If you do not have Photoshop, use GIMP; A Free Alternative)

3. Go to several different spriting related forums and show the comic there, that will make spreading it much more easier.
Exclamation Make sure your sprites have backgrounds!
And also try to come up with your own ideas. Not copying other people.
Exclamation And check other people's sprites. It will help you.
Click on mine below.
fdfsfdasdfas
Trust me, don't take Guy101's advice about checking his sprites.
(09-02-2008, 04:58 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]fdfsfdasdfas

Hey! The pikachu one is good!
No it's not. Basically what Ryan has said should get you to a start.
(09-02-2008, 05:09 PM)Guy101 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2008, 04:58 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]fdfsfdasdfas

Hey! The pikachu one is good!

No, they aren't.
None of them are.
(09-02-2008, 05:11 PM)Rakia Wrote: [ -> ]No it's not. Basically what Ryan has said should get you to a start.

Okay. Ill work on the third level. Man i am SO bored i could make
100 sprites.
"Okay. Ill work on the third level. Man i am SO bored i could make
100 sprites."

what we want isn't quantity, but QUALITY. Don't forget that~
don't let yourself give up.
New! VS BOWSER!
(09-02-2008, 05:29 PM)Guy101 Wrote: [ -> ]New! VS BOWSER!
Please stop spamming, and you don't have to broadcast your ''sprites'' in every topic, if they even are yours. And your not even making sprites, all they are, splices and terrible recolors, next time don't spam and try making custom!
But i CANT make my own thread!
(09-02-2008, 05:49 PM)Guy101 Wrote: [ -> ]But i CANT make my own thread!
Well read the rules carefully on how to make one! Also that doesn't mean you can STORM into other peoples threads and post your crap in theirs! So please stop spamming! Your really causing a huge disturbance here, tone it down and read the rules, then you will find out, but if you do, don't make spam threads, GOT IT!
(09-02-2008, 05:51 PM)CoolYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2008, 05:49 PM)Guy101 Wrote: [ -> ]But i CANT make my own thread!
Well read the rules carefully on how to make one! Also that doesn't mean you can STORM into other peoples threads and post your crap in theirs! So please stop spamming! Your really causing a huge disturbance here, tone it down and read the rules, then you will find out, but if you do, don't make spam threads, GOT IT!

Okay. Now were ARE the rules........
Pages: 1 2