The VG Resource

Full Version: Duty Calls: The Calm Before The Storm Models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Title image:
[Image: titlety.png]
Here are twelve models from the game, "Duty Calls: The Calm Before The Storm".
The larger preview images link to the model downloads.

Even though this was a filler project I took on while working out a much larger project, I still had fun fixing these models up. If you haven't heard of this game, it's an advertisement/parody game. The basis of the game is that it was terrible in comparison to Epic Games' upcoming game, Bulletstorm. Tongue
Can't say I've ever heard of this game before. Anyway, there are a few problems with the models, though. To start, the texture paths need to be fixed. (If you need instructions on how to fix it, see this post.) The more important issue, though, is that the mesh and bones are off-center in different directions. This causes the joints to be rigged to the wrong location, which is a problem. Not sure what caused this, but it shouldn't be hard to fixed.

I must say, I love the names. XD
hey is there a cleaner non faded version of that 500 page notebook's texture? those things used to be really important back in my early days of story writeing before i transitioned over to computers. i had like six of those things with stories written in em.
There's not a lot of models in the game. Not a lot of game, either. Tongue

You can easily edit the textures to make a clean one if you want.
(03-17-2012, 10:50 AM)Peardian Wrote: [ -> ]Can't say I've ever heard of this game before. Anyway, there are a few problems with the models, though. To start, the texture paths need to be fixed. (If you need instructions on how to fix it, see this post.) The more important issue, though, is that the mesh and bones are off-center in different directions. This causes the joints to be rigged to the wrong location, which is a problem. Not sure what caused this, but it shouldn't be hard to fixed.

I must say, I love the names. XD
Thanks for noting the errors. I honestly did take the time to correct some of the path names, but I have forgotten most of them... The path names have now been fixed.
But about the meshes... They were rotated on roll by 90° with the ActorX importer. This was done to conform with the viewing directions according to 3D Studio Max. I do not know how to rotate the bones in the same way though. Could someone explain how I could do this? I will wait until then to reupload the models.

Sad And to think that I took so long to make sure that these were perfect too...
It's not the rotation of the bones that is a problem, it's the fact that it is offset from the model. When you view a model, its skeleton is floating behind it.
Well either way, I still need to know how to fix the problem. If this is a common problem, then I should be able to by searching for a specific term. Otherwise someone needs to help me fix the problem.
Honestly, I've never seen a problem like this before.

I have a hunch, so lemme test something...

Nope, that didn't work. No clue what to do. Though, it seems you forgot at least one of the paths (the enemy). Tongue
(03-20-2012, 06:39 PM)Peardian Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I've never seen a problem like this before.

I have a hunch, so lemme test something...

Nope, that didn't work. No clue what to do. Though, it seems you forgot at least one of the paths (the enemy). Tongue
No, I don't think I forgot a path. But I have not reuploaded any of these models yet due to the major error, if that's what you mean.
Ah, I see. I thought you had already re-uploaded them. My mistake.
So, have you re-uploaded them yet?
Well, I never learnt how to fix the major issue of their bones having the incorrect rotation. Reuploading the models with the fixed texture directories would be pointless if such an issue still remained.
However, the models without bones should be ready for upload. These include the 500 Sheets of Wide Ruled Notebook Paper, Nuclear Missile Bomb and Small Meaningless Stick.
Lucky me. I found out how to fix these models by mistake. Smile
I've reuploaded all affected models:
AK47
American Flag Hands
Bad Guy Enemy
Fox-Club Niner
Leader of Bad Guys
M4
Old Man
Other Bad Guy Enemy
Paratrooper
Either I somehow managed to download the old versions instead, or your fix didn't work. As far as I can tell, the models seem exactly the same.

Don't worry, though, I'm going to try and just fix them myself.
did you try ctrl + F hard refresh when you open the links? they should be updated anyway but yea.
Pages: 1 2