The VG Resource

Full Version: Team Fortress 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The textures dont appear for me using the Collada plugin but while using the Open Collada plugin, the uv mapping is flipped but the textures are there. You should fix that. And btw THAT MEDIC IS A SPY!
Yes yes yes! About time we got these. Big Grin

Are these the highest-poly versions? Things like the legs of Demo's pants look a bit lower-poly than I expected. And they all seem to be lacking pupils, which is rather creepy.

And like thegameexplorer said, the UVs seem to be flipped for these.
As far as I can tell, there's only one poly version..

[Image: TMP000190.png]

I believe those VTX are vertex files, so maybe those modify the base model in the Source engine to cut down on rendering?

--

Will upload models with fixed UV mappings in the next batch. Wink
I don't really know enough about the Source engine to say what any of those things are, but I do know for certain that the game has different loss-of-detail distance models for far away models and when players use lower quality settings, like Homeworld. However, I have no idea where those would be.
I read up on a few wikis about that, and there are LOD modifications for characters, weapons, and only a couple hats. I'll go hunting tonight for where they might be stored.
A quick update!
These LOD models are nowhere to be seen. I *think* the main models get modified by vtx [Vertex?] files to decrease quality.

Here's one weapon. I flipped the UV's on it, so could you please make sure it looks okay before I do a lot more, Peardian? Smile

(03-13-2012, 05:10 PM)Peardian Wrote: [ -> ]And they all seem to be lacking pupils, which is rather creepy.
As for this, the pupils are constructed by the Source Engine and then placed onto the base eyeball texture, so there's really no way of getting them into the models like this.
(03-18-2012, 05:40 PM)John2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]As for this, the pupils are constructed by the Source Engine and then placed onto the base eyeball texture, so there's really no way of getting them into the models like this.

Hmmm, that's unfortunate... is there any way to at least rip the pupil textures and include them? It would be better than nothing at all.

Very nicely done on the Scattergun, by the way. No problems!

For future reference, I'll probably make separate sections for each class's items to prevent confusion. Shared items will get their own section.
As someone who just got into TF2 a week ago, I have to say;

Perfect Timing Man
(03-19-2012, 02:49 PM)Peardian Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2012, 05:40 PM)John2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]As for this, the pupils are constructed by the Source Engine and then placed onto the base eyeball texture, so there's really no way of getting them into the models like this.

Hmmm, that's unfortunate... is there any way to at least rip the pupil textures and include them? It would be better than nothing at all.

Very nicely done on the Scattergun, by the way. No problems!

For future reference, I'll probably make separate sections for each class's items to prevent confusion. Shared items will get their own section.

I'll check on the pupil textures. Smile

As for the sections - sounds good. I'll specify which weapons are multi-class, and which are only one class. Same goes for Hats?

If you've still got my Dropbox folder, I'll start placing finished models in there to make checking easier. Smile

==

Here's a snippet of what is in the Source engine material reference file for an eyeball:
Code:
"EyeRefract"
{
    "$Iris"               "models/player/shared/eye-iris-brown"              // Iris color in RGB with cornea noise in A
    "$AmbientOcclTexture" "models/player/shared/eye-extra"                  // Ambient occlusion in RGB, A unused
    "$Envmap"             "models/player/shared/eye-reflection-cubemap-"  // Reflection environment map
    "$CorneaTexture"      "models/player/shared/eye-cornea"               // Special texture that has 2D cornea normal in RG and other data in BA
    "$lightwarptexture"   "models/player/shared/eye_lightwarp"                  // This enables TF NPR lighting

"$EyeballRadius" "0.7"                // Default 0.5
If you want some help setting up things like flexes and getting the lower-LOD models for some reason you can just contact me. I've got lots of experience working with the source engine so any questions you have I can answer.

I was going to submit the TF2 characters myself at a later time, but you beat me to it. I'd still like to add in the flexes since I know how, and get things like the HWM models. Of course, if you'd like my help. Good work on them so far though.
The get the Lod models you'll need to extract the .MDL file which contains the high poly version, several Lod models and a ragdoll file which I think is used by the source engine. Noesis only reads the _reference.smd which is the high poly model. You'll need this tool to extract the mdl file

BTW Good luck on extracting all those hats.... And also, why don't you render your models? They look much better with anti-aliasing Smile

And am I allowed to place some TF2 models here?
Eh, getting the LoD models isn't really important. I was just surprised at how some of the highest-poly models were still rather low-poly. I guess all the detail goes into their top half.
Well, If you're playing TF2 you don't really shoot at the legs if you know what I mean. It's just not important...
(03-31-2012, 07:46 PM)Peardian Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, getting the LoD models isn't really important. I was just surprised at how some of the highest-poly models were still rather low-poly. I guess all the detail goes into their top half.

I've got a few Scout weapons to upload today, along with fixed (UV Flipped) models for the classes. Smile
Pages: 1 2