The VG Resource

Full Version: Final Fantasy X stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
heya

i mostly joined to keep track of a other dude's Symphonia rips and a friend. i wanted to contribute somethin in some way myself instead of just downloadin stuff. maybe this'll be the only game i rip from.. either way, i wanna start with my favorite Final Fantasy game.

im not entirely new to "model messing". ive been brawl hacking and rigging models from friends and sites like this onto brawl character bones to use in brawl. if its allowed, i could include .DAEs of rigged models for characters i rigged

heres goes.. all da marbles. my beginning attempt at a submission.. once i get the know-how of preparing em properly here, i'll prepare other models from FFX.

---
Tidus (high-poly)
Tidus (low-poly)
Tidus Equip - Brotherhood
Yuna (high-poly)
Yuna (low-poly)
Yuna Equip - 1st staff
----
i remember most of Tidus' sword's names but for other characters.. i dont remember. id fire up my PS3 to check in-game except i realized this replacement for my old Yellow Light of Sad PS3 cant play my PS2 games no more Sad

anyway.. ill try lookin around for their specific names for the final downloads. i also have to figure out how to work this .jar icon maker thing..
Everything Looks good. Only thing I see wrong is the previews.

You should take a quick look at the Submission Guidelines.
Using the icon maker and the big preview template you should come out with the icons and preview images much like these ones I have made for
Zero
When making the previews, try not to unevenly stretch the picture and
try to get as much of the model in the big preview to show it's quality.
Also make sure the the image does not overlap the border.

You can also use the icon maker to make a game preview much like this one
Other than that everything looks good.
Glad to see you're ripping a lot of models!

Before you rip too many, though, there's a little issue that needs to be fixed in the rips. Pop open one of the MTLs in Notepad, or your text editor of choice. You'll see that it lists a number of texture paths, which is how the model importer knows where the textures are. Unfortunately, they are absolute paths, which don't work with MTLs. In order for them to be work properly, they need to be changed to relative paths by removing the beginning part of the paths (example, leaving just "face.png" instead of "C:\Documents and Settings\...\guy\face.png"). Luckily, you have the power of Replace All to go through them. Make sure to do this for every model, including future rips.

And yes, DAEs are perfectly acceptable, and in fact would be awesome if you included them. Big Grin

(Note that you'd have to fix the texture paths in the DAEs as well.)

For the Icon Maker, unfortunately it doesn't yet support alpha transparency. You can use it to make the base of the image, such as the thumbnail name, but you'll have to use Photoshop, Fireworks, GIMP, or whatever image program you use to overlay your render on top of it and properly mask it so it doesn't overlap the borders.
thank you both for the guidance.

i looked over the Guidelines on how to use the icon maker awhile ago, i re-looked it over in case i missed somethin. the icon maker, is it some kind of program that makes borders and text for you or do i grab each specific border and letter and overlay that over on the top part?

if is it a program, what opens it?

also, is it okay if i uploaded all of "X" character's weapons and equips together in one .obj or is it preferred to be in separate downloads?

ill fix the ones up there tomorrow, i want to get some monstahs tonight. ill make sure to have the .MTL fixed from now on though
java is what opens icon maker Smile it is also used to make the icons for your 3D models i just add the text with it though than i add the 3D image with photoshop or whatever other photo manipulation program u have, then i make the render size 95 x 79 in the 3D modeling program Smile
If Icon Maker doesn't work for you, then make sure you have the latest version of Java installed.

In the Model Discussion forum, there is a thread stickied titled "Model Icons and Previews without Photoshop" or something similar that explains an easy way of making proper previews too. Smile
the image editing isnt the problem, i use GIMP by da way. its tryin to get that thing to run. never ran a JAVA file before

i googled how to get a Java file working and it says i have to compile it and other stuff. im gonna read more guides. kinda embarassing that the main problem now is just cuz i cant make a preview and download icon thing
O.o
I'm gona be glad when they release the remake of this game.
Simply double-click on it and it will run. It's already a compiled Java program. Wink

As for putting all of the character weapons together, that's a yes and no. You can definitely put multiple models into a single submission, but don't combine them into model. Simply include all of the model files and textures in one ZIP, with the files organized in folders if need be.
@valforwing - yuuup. i wanna get it bad. i would get my PS2 back from a cousin but i think he lost it.. ill wait for the remake on PS3.

(03-07-2012, 05:24 PM)Peardian Wrote: [ -> ]Simply double-click on it and it will run. It's already a compiled Java program. Wink

As for putting all of the character weapons together, that's a yes and no. You can definitely put multiple models into a single submission, but don't combine them into model. Simply include all of the model files and textures in one ZIP, with the files organized in folders if need be.
that did'nt work, i dont think my comp knows what opens it. with the "IconMaker.java" file, i tryed "open with.." and chose " Java™ Platform SE " and that didnt work either Gonna Puke what is the SPECIFIC Java program to "open with.. "?

oh alright, that makes more sense. good thing thats how i set up the recent goods.
tiddus is cool and all but some of his models are just kinda...meh
the high res and lo res change his facial structure...

just buy a new ps2, i got one for 50
(03-07-2012, 06:38 PM)ramonM64 Wrote: [ -> ]that did'nt work, i dont think my comp knows what opens it. with the "IconMaker.java" file, i tryed "open with.." and chose " Java™ Platform SE " and that didnt work either Gonna Puke what is the SPECIFIC Java program to "open with.. "?

You didn't extract the contents of the .jar, did you? You're supposed to just double-click the IconMakerV3.jar and it will run as a program. Wink
@valforwing - his cutscene high-poly model looks great, it has alot of vertices mostly around da face. his battle model though.. is pretty muddy. i liked how in-game it would seamlessly load between the 3 models it used. the ones i cant get are the CG models, theyre in pre-rendered videos. to tell ya the truth i never really noticed this kind of stuff in games before.

bleh, i might cuz theres other PS2 games i got that i wanna play

(03-07-2012, 07:35 PM)Peardian Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2012, 06:38 PM)ramonM64 Wrote: [ -> ]that did'nt work, i dont think my comp knows what opens it. with the "IconMaker.java" file, i tryed "open with.." and chose " Java™ Platform SE " and that didnt work either Gonna Puke what is the SPECIFIC Java program to "open with.. "?

You didn't extract the contents of the .jar, did you? You're supposed to just double-click the IconMakerV3.jar and it will run as a program. Wink
wow.. im a dumbo. i extracted it. didnt know what a .jar was and didnt know that WAS the program itself.. this shouldnt take too long now since i have rendered .pngs ready.

ill post what i got in a bit

---
UPDATE
---
heres some new stuff.

Tidus (High-Poly)
[Image: Tidus_HP_icon.png]
Tidus (Low-Poly)
[Image: Tidus_LP_icon.png]
Yuna (High-Poly)
[Image: Yuna_HP_icon.png]
Yuna (Low-Poly)
[Image: Yuna_LP_icon.png]
Valefor
[Image: Valefor_icon.png]
Ifrit
[Image: Ifrit_icon.png]
Ixion
[Image: ixion_icon.png]
Shiva
[Image: Shiva.png]
Bahamut
[Image: bahamut_icon.png]
Yojimbo
[Image: yojimbo_icon.png]
Anima
[Image: anima_icon.png]
Magus Sisters
[Image: magussisters_icon.png]
Blue_Tree
[Image: bluetree_icon.png]
---

while extracting and gettin some weapons and monsters i remembered about the Aeons that Yuna could summon.. so i went and got those first. these are the main parts of them, i can still get other effects and models that pop up during the summons (like this one Angel thing and Yojimbo's doggy). i think thats where the tree is from.. one of the summons

also, ill take Peardian's suggestion and have all character's weapons and equips in one download, im gonna dig for their specific names before submitting those.. i dont remember half of them Sad
if you could get the summons are some of the quadriped monsters it would be AUSOME!
valfor, i think you posted that while i was editing that up there lol

yea i think ive seen every monster in the extracts. most get imported properly, some get a little messed up. like on Bahamut, that ring behind him was IN his body. i carefully selected and moved all the polygons and put it where it should be. Anima is the one that imported the worst, lots of vertices were stretched out of place.

anyway, im using this to help name da monsters. is there a specific one you want from there?

Pages: 1 2 3