The VG Resource

Full Version: LZH8 Format (Notepad .BAT Method)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, Roxas told me about this method in this thread. As you can see, the last post made by me was never answered, so I decided to make a thread after a few unsuccessful Google searches.

How do I use the Notepad .BAT method for decompressing LZH8 (or .CX) files? Thanks.
Not sure about doing it via a batch file alone, but I wrote a batch file that will work with a QuickBMS LZ script to batch decompress things in a folder..
Edit the (*.lz) in the batch file to whatever file extension your compressed files are using.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n4z5d2z6m1casnf
So wait... I have "lzh8_dec" (the script thing that RTB made), and I tried to use it with yours and it... didn't do anything.

Which batch file am I editing here? Yours or RTB's one? And you mean editing the file extension to .LZ right? I don't fully understand.
(03-05-2012, 08:51 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]So wait... I have "lzh8_dec" (the script thing that RTB made), and I tried to use it with yours and it... didn't do anything.

Which batch file am I editing here? Yours or RTB's one? And you mean editing the file extension to .LZ right? I don't fully understand.

He means the bat that comes in his file. Open the "LZ Decompress.bat" and change the (*.lz) to something like (*.cx) maybe.

Quote:@echo off
echo Decompressing... Please Wait.
for %%i in (*.lz) do quickbms.exe LZSS.bms "%%i" "."
echo All tasks completed..
pause

However , I don't really know how to use it myself at the moment. Sad You can get more info in his "quickbms.txt".
Well... I don't understand the instructions either lol... see, this is what it says:

"double-click on quickbms.exe"

Done that.

"select the script or the plugin for the type of archive you want to extract (for example zip.bms if it's a zip file)"

I did that, I opened RTB's "lzh8_dec" script file.

"select the archive or multiple files":

I selected multiple .CX files.

"you can also select a whole folder by entering in it and then typing "" in the "File name:" field and pressing Open"

I tried that, and I typed in "Battle" for the folder name.

"select the output folder where extracting the files (you can specify any file, it will be ignored because only the directory is taken)"

I'm not sure about this step now.

watch the progress of the extraction

Obviously, I couldn't witness this step because I couldn't get it to work. Tongue

Anyway I clicked Save and it showed me this.
I guess we'll just have to wait for John.
It should have had all the proper things in that ZIP file...and by clicking on the batch file I provided, it would decompress the files that were LZ Compressed.

Starting out with the .CZ file in the same unzipped folder as QuickBMS...

[Image: TMP000171.png]

You edit the "LZ Decompress.bat" file that was in the ZIP to instruct it to target the CZ files.

[Image: TMP000172.png]

Then double click that batch file...

[Image: TMP000173.png]

And it should decompress the CZ files in the current folder.

[Image: TMP000174.png]
Oh... no one ever told me I had to open LZ Decompress in Notepad... XD

Well... I did that (except these are .CX files that I have, not .CZ), had them in the same folder, and ran the .BAT but it just showed me this (they all errored)... so...yeah dunno what to do.

Also, the program said there was a way to decompress whole folders and choose which directory they go to... how do I do that, since your method involves placing the files in the same folder as the .BAT?
The batch file should do the entire folder at once (since it has the "for %%i in..." statement, it will move on to the next file upon completion).

Let's start over here. Thinking overnight about it, QuickBMS might be erroring because it is trying to decompress LZSS files, and you have LZH8. Sorry this is a bit hard to solve; I can't exactly "test" these methods before recommending them to you since I don't have any compressed files.
So why not use a tool specifically for LZH8 formats. =P
http://www.mediafire.com/?b4kvm49bghsjx43

I included a batch file that is similar to the last one, in that it should process through them all in the current folder.

(03-06-2012, 06:10 PM)John2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]The batch file should do the entire folder at once (since it has the "for %%i in..." statement, it will move on to the next file upon completion).

Let's start over here. Thinking overnight about it, QuickBMS might be erroring because it is trying to decompress LZSS files, and you have LZH8. Sorry this is a bit hard to solve; I can't exactly "test" these methods before recommending them to you since I don't have any compressed files.
So why not use a tool specifically for LZH8 formats. =P
http://www.mediafire.com/?b4kvm49bghsjx43

I included a batch file that is similar to the last one, in that it should process through them all in the current folder.

Can you reupload the file because the link is broken.
(03-05-2012, 12:52 AM)John2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure about doing it via a batch file alone, but I wrote a batch file that will work with a QuickBMS LZ script to batch decompress things in a folder..
Edit the (*.lz) in the batch file to whatever file extension your compressed files are using.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n4z5d2z6m1casnf

Can you reupload the file because the link is broken?