The VG Resource

Full Version: Blender OBJ fix + Noesis OBJ fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since many people that use Blender have noticed that they have some problems with OBJ files
The viewport does not automaticly show textures. To make the textures show up follow this video. *It is possible that Noesis exports a mtl by default or by using the command once*
And for the Noesis fix, its very simple.
When you open a model in Noesis, navigate to file>export.
The export window will show up.
The window contains a bar named "Advanced Options"
Click that and type in:
Code:
-objmtl
After that be sure to check "Flip UV's" and check if for any reason the export isn't set as obj. After that export as obj.
Now search and open your mtl with Notepad ++
It will look like this
Code:
newmtl materialname
Kd 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000
Ks 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000
Ns 1.000000

Now the problem is that everything is mapped but the material doesnt have it's texture assigned. To fix this add a line like this one:
Code:
map_Kd *texturename.extension*

The final result would look like this:
Code:
newmtl materialname
Kd 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000
Ks 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000
Ns 1.000000
map_Kd texturename.extension

Now save the mtl and now it should work.
Stickying.
nice tutorial !

Is there a quick-fix for DAE textures?
I don't know what you mean... if you are referring to modifying the texture paths in the .DAE so that they load on the model properly, then this here tells you how to do it.

This is very helpful and all but i have one problem. the Textures on ada wong is not there how do i add the textures to the model?
I am satisfied with you and you are in right .
Thank you so much for this x.x
Nice, just to let you know the post isnt showing up properly on my iphone - I think there is a plugin you can grab that takes care of that now.
This information is very constructive for correct planning. I like your work for providing information to the other.