The VG Resource

Full Version: Help me please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to spriting and once I started making some recolors and minor edits to sprites I was hooked. I made a few things in M&L style a while back, but I lost them, =/. The reason why I'm asking for help though is that I'm trying to find out what makes Seiken Densetsu 3 (SD3) sprites unique. I would really love to sprite in this style, even thought it looks a bit challenging. Any help would be much appreciated! Smile

Sprites from the game.
Well, first of all, welcome. Second of all, the best way to get better with spriting is by starting with simple designs, then working your way up in difficulty. For instance, start by spriting Kirby (not for submission) the way YOU want it to look, then end with something like the Doom Dragon from Golden Sun 2.

As for this particular style... Well, I'm afraid I know nothing about the series OR the sprites, so my "general spriting" advice should be sufficient for now. Remember, experimenting with spriting in general is your first priority, while your second is identifying patterns in the sprite style you want to mimic.
Mkay, thanks a bunch. XD
Though I haven't taken an extensive look at SD3 style, color choice seems to be key to making them all look similar. Also, as with all styles, shading differences are key.