The VG Resource

Full Version: Question: Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question about Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing.
Should I rip the car/bike alone or with the character on it?
Thanks!!!
You should submit the vehicles separately. That way people can have any character riding it that they want.
Those will also apply to Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing with Banjo Kazooie too for vehicles.
Should I include the version with the original driver?
(02-25-2012, 06:13 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]You should submit the vehicles separately. That way people can have any character riding it that they want.

Well, for Mario Kart, we kept all the character models separate from the vehicles. I'm not sure how similarly it works in this game, but, I'd have the drivers separate, yeah.
Well this can only be ripped with a 3d ripper atm so I cant separate them unless I have some godly skill to T pose those ( I tried but its very hard because 3d ripper dx fcks up the vertexes) Maybe someone can teach me how to properly T pose models using vertexes.
(02-25-2012, 07:22 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]Well, for Mario Kart, we kept all the character models separate from the vehicles. I'm not sure how similarly it works in this game, but, I'd have the drivers separate, yeah.

I see. That's a problem, then. I thought this game used .BRRES format models, but I guess not. Sad
I was able to rip the models without characters by getting them at the car select. Ported a few of them to GMod too. The bumpmaps have the same problem as the ones from Generations, but that's easy enough to fix.