The VG Resource

Full Version: Megaman from Megaman: The Wily Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: mmwwicon.gif]

I saw that the main site was missing this, and since I was ripping it for my own use in a Mugen spriteswap, I decided to put it in a sheet and submit it. This is both my first rip and submission, sooo...enjoy?
Nice one! Good job, and congrats on your incarnation to the cult of spriters! Big Grin
Pretty good. Gonna rip more?
There are quite a few frames of animation missing, though, such as shooting while walking, shooting while on a ladder, and that one frame when you're at the very top of the ladder (getting off). Not to mention the special attacks or cinematic animations... and I think you missed one frame for the walking animation, near the end of the loop, because a 5-frame walking animation seems kinda odd.

Good work, nonetheless.
(08-26-2008, 12:02 PM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]Nice one! Good job, and congrats on your incarnation to the cult of spriters! Big Grin

Thanks Dazz!

(08-26-2008, 09:28 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty good. Gonna rip more?

I was thinking about ripping him using the powers from the Robot Masters from all 3 of the games.

(08-27-2008, 11:19 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]There are quite a few frames of animation missing, though, such as shooting while walking, shooting while on a ladder, and that one frame when you're at the very top of the ladder (getting off). Not to mention the special attacks or cinematic animations... and I think you missed one frame for the walking animation, near the end of the loop, because a 5-frame walking animation seems kinda odd.

Good work, nonetheless.

Aha, that's what I was worried about. I had lost a bunch of work that I did one night which had a few of those frames. I'll make sure to update the sheet here shortly. And the about the five-frame animation, in between the fourth and fifth frame, the second frame is used. I didn't think it would be a good idea to have the same sprite on there twice.

EDIT: [Image: mmwwicon.gif] Missing poses added. The cinematic animations and special attacks will have their own separate sheets.
(08-27-2008, 01:44 PM)Emerald Spirit Wrote: [ -> ]And the about the five-frame animation, in between the fourth and fifth frame, the second frame is used. I didn't think it would be a good idea to have the same sprite on there twice.
You might be right about that. I'll have to check on my MM:TWW ROM later on.
Very good rips, however when compared to the sheet from Sprites Inc., there are still quite a few missing frames, including his helmet appearing, lying on the ground from Megaman 3, and there are a few more animation frames for the shot and the hit animation, which has quite a few frames involved. Also, if you wanted a real master sheet kind of thing, you could recolor any poses used by a special weapon that normal Megs doesn't have.
(09-08-2008, 03:59 PM)Blues Light Wrote: [ -> ]Very good rips, however when compared to the sheet from Sprites Inc., there are still quite a few missing frames, including his helmet appearing, lying on the ground from Megaman 3, and there are a few more animation frames for the shot and the hit animation, which has quite a few frames involved. Also, if you wanted a real master sheet kind of thing, you could recolor any poses used by a special weapon that normal Megs doesn't have.

Well, true about the helmet sprites and Mega Man 3 lying on the ground. However, for the hurt animation, I just used the frame of him in the hurt pose, then the one with the flash/spark, and the "dust" that comes off of him uses all identical sprites, so I just took the three different frames of their animation and put that below the actual hurt sprite. I'll get on getting a few of those missed poses here shortly.
I've played Wily Wars before. It's not bad. It should of been on the Genisis AND the SNES. That would of been awesome...