The VG Resource

Full Version: Hello people, maybe a bit late but.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello people, some already know know me.
Some don't know me. Thats why I made this thread.
I'm thegameexplorer and I'm going to focus myself on models.
I joined because I was looking for some models online and I found this site.
So I downloaded I few. Tried to rig them (which failed btw).
I thought "I want to submit some models too!"
So I searched and searched how I could upload models until I found The Community. So I registered and here I am.
I already have made 3 threads now containing: Mario Kart Double Dash, TLOZ: The Windwaker and GTA San Andreas rips.
I'm happy to join this forum because I noticed that people actually are nice here *UhmFacepunchUhm*.
So yea leave a comment about me and be sure to check out my account and threads. PS PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME TIPS ABOUT MY MODELS, I NEED THEM TO BECOME GOOD!
Uhm no there are no nice people here you must be mistaken

Either way, welcome to the Resource Community!
Welcome to TSR
[Image: tumblr_llfhk58auX1qkr2j6o1_500.jpg]
Lolled so hard at the image!!!! Shadow is cool in all ways, You ARE OFFENDING A COOL GUY HOW COULD YOU THAT!! joking but nice picture and thanks for the reply already within an half hour
(02-21-2012, 08:42 AM)Scumbag Steve Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to TSR

Welcome!
As for the rigging - saving/exporting a model as an OBJ file will cause the skeleton & rigging to be lost. When possible, save as DAE. Wink
Yep, and if you ever decide to try ripping from a game that uses .BRRES format models (or if you want to know how to extract files from Wii games), I wrote and stickied a guide on all that and more in the Model Discussion forum. Wink
I have read those guides already.... did my homework before submitting stuff lol. I'm having Issues with DAE in 3ds Max so I cant export them correctly.
I wish I could help with that honestly. I started using 3DS Max (when I first began working with models), but I couldn't really figure out much so I stopped using it and switched to C4D. There are members like ApocHedgie and RTB (I think) who use it and know a lot about it.
Hey and welcome to the Resource, thegameexplorer! I also joined to submit stuff (sprites, in my case), but now that I'm here I do more than just that Wink

I realise that the Gamecube and DS are totally different consoles and ripping models is probably quite a separate process, but since you're doing LoZ: The Windwaker I was wondering if you've considered doing LoZ: Phantom Hourglass later on? I'm not making a request or anything, just curious. After finishing it I've been slightly obsessed with Linebeck, hence the avatar. Although unless you've played it you probably won't get that.

Anyhoo, hope you enjoy it here!
Sorry, I didn't play it since I dont have a DS. But I will look into DS Models if I know how to rip them. I'm free for request but mind that I'm doing 3 projects at a time so you may have to wait before I look into it. I'll look into it for now and send you a kind of a preview how its going to look like when I'm doing it. Thanks for your comment. You people motivate me to keep going!
(02-21-2012, 03:14 PM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]Hey and welcome to the Resource, thegameexplorer! I also joined to submit stuff (sprites, in my case), but now that I'm here I do more than just that Wink

I realise that the Gamecube and DS are totally different consoles and ripping models is probably quite a separate process, but since you're doing LoZ: The Windwaker I was wondering if you've considered doing LoZ: Phantom Hourglass later on? I'm not making a request or anything, just curious. After finishing it I've been slightly obsessed with Linebeck, hence the avatar. Although unless you've played it you probably won't get that.

Anyhoo, hope you enjoy it here!

Welcome to the tSR Forums, thegameexplorer!! Big Grin
Could I use that drawing as my sig if I give ya credit?
(02-21-2012, 08:42 AM)Scumbag Steve Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to TSR

Use it without credit, he didn't make it and it is an injoke with the community.

vv actually tSRc smilely vv

:ogre: