The VG Resource

Full Version: Unreal Tournament 2004 Resource
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I suppose the models are accessible enough that people would be deterred from converting a lot of them. Also, the people with enough motivation to go through the conversion process might not have enough motivation to also fix up the material channels for a large amount of models.
I could not agree more; already I have found a good share of models that seem to store their textures in 5 different files. :p
Very nice model rips! I wish I had seen these sooner, though, before you went through so many. The site doesn't allow .TGA textures, as PNGs are much better. Also, the path names for the textures inside the model are incorrect, meaning the textures don't import right. Unfortunately, I've forgotten who I have and haven't given this advice to yet, so I apologize if I've already told you this before.

-As common as TGAs are, there seems to be not a lot of programs that fully support them. Your best bet for converting them properly is imaged editing software like Photoshop or GIMP. If any textures use alpha, be sure to check that they are intact after converting, as not every program will keep them. As a last resort, I'll help you convert them if you can't find any reliable way to do so.

-How to fix DAE texture paths. All you need is a text editor. Remember to include the .png extension at the end!
Now I feel silly for forgetting that TGA thing. =P

I'll get them converted asap. Wink

--

Updated all the links in both posts with the fixed textures & files. Wink
So many models! I have to dedicate a day going through them all. Big Grin

As with Homeworld, I know nothing about the game or these factions. Care to shed a bit of light on them for me? Tongue
Since you're done with all the Homeworld stuff, I can put these in the Dropbox to make verification a bit easier. Wink
-
Added all files & their images to the folder, and renamed it to "UT2004".

As for the factions - they are all playable, selectable characters. I have them divided up based on their race (as the game lists it). Wink
Sorry it's taken so long for me to get to these. I put it on my calendar to do every day, but Brawl kept pushing everything back. Anyway, I'm finally going to upload them!

...and of course only now do I realize there's no game icon for it. Tongue
Thanks Peardian - here's an icon. Wink
[Image: UT2004-GameIcon.png]
Thanks! And now all of these have been uploaded!