The VG Resource

Full Version: Birth By Sleep Final Mix Models (Including KH3D Demo models)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, this is my first attempt in the model ripping business. I've been searching everywhere on the internet for the unused Kingdom Hearts 3D models found in the Birth By Sleep Final Mix game. I could not find them anywhere.

SO, I decided to get them myself and here they are, starting with Sora (this IS different from his KH1 model, it's his updated look that has been used since Re: Chain of Memories, though the model itself was not available with that game because all HiPoly models were just used in pre-rendered scenes).

[Image: sorahpicon.png] [Image: rikuicon.png]
I'm surprised I didn't notice this thread sooner. First off, welcome to the site! For your first submissions, these are really pretty good! There's only a few of issues with the models that prevent me from uploading them, and they're all very easy to fix.

The first is that the MTL files don't give the file extension of the textures, which will trip up programs trying to import them. You can easily fix this with any text editor, even Notepad.

The next issue is that the texture UVs on the OBJ appear upside down, or at least in the program I'm using. There might be an option for it in whatever exporter you use. If you can't figure this one out, don't worry about it too much.

The last thing I want to say is really more of a request than anything. Seeing as how you have an SMD included, I'm guessing you have the model fully rigged. If that really is the case, do you think you could add in DAEs for them as well? Not everyone has the tools to open SMDs (including me), and SMDs are a lot more widely accepted, so it would be awesome if you had both. Big Grin

So yeah, nice job on your first submission, and I look forward to being able to accept them onto the site. Cute
sweet! i think I know some mmd user's who will love a chance to have some next gen models
Are you still around, Pleasance13? It would be a shame to see models like these go unfixed and thus unaccepted.
Surprisingly, I prefer those previews over the tMR previews just because you can have a better look at the model.