The VG Resource

Full Version: Experimental style ITT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: EndRoadExperimentalStyle.png]

Meh

idk if I want to go on with this or not :/

The whole idea here I'm trying to do is to keep a silhouette-like style, and then add minor details with a secondary color.

And I plan on abusing the all-black aspect for hiding against all-black walls and scenery,
but meh

comments anyone?
Pretty cool idea
I love how he takes his hat off, closes his eyes and puts his hands in his pocket to hide all of the white on his body. Pretty creative imo.
I like it, definitely interested in seeing more.
The sprites themselves look pretty good except there is something a bit off about his elbows while holding the hat. His right one seems to be jutting out too much.

This idea seems pretty coolio to me as a game. I'm thinking maybe a spy v spy type thing and the other guy's suit is mostly white.

Were you thinking of having the black walls the same exact black or a very slightly lighter shade so you can still make out the outline if you look hard enough?
Whoa, looks impressive!

I'd like to see more Big Grin
Thanks for the comments, guys :>

@NSVery Sad yeah, I'm thinking about fixing that arm problem with the hat grab, but at the moment I like how the animation is, and if I can continue this project, I might get around to fixing it up.
And for the black walls, I was thinking about making them the same shade as the character, but so that you'll at least know where the character is, I was thinking about having different colored pixels running through the outline every few seconds

The idea is: if you can't see the character, nobody can. But the pixels might help a bit

ALSO
[Image: EndRoadExperimentalStyle-1.png]
UPDATE: added knife swing
and I love how it turned out :>

and I'm going to be busy this week, so I won't know if I'll update this again anytime soon :<
okay new update

with a new character in the style

BUT

I don't feel like showing the updated sheet with this guy, so I'm just giving you his animation :>

[Image: JohnnySTANCE1.gif]

I have to do some work with the arms, but I love how this turned out :>

Generally, this would be one of the antagonists if I were to somehow make a game out of this style, and he's generally the asshole of the game, so :>

EDIT: whoop. I said PROTagonist. I meant ANTagonist. My bad :<
Cool, but fix his arms as you said. His back foot should also move with his leg. The back leg also looks a bit long.

Other than that it looks good, I love this style. Cute
alright I'm just going to update this with a really wonky running sprite just to show that I'm not 100% uninterested in finishing this

[Image: ENDROADrunning3aaa.gif]

ugh

I hate how this turned out

personally I think that I need to make him lean forward a bit more, make the legs look less wonky, and I need to curl in the arms a bit more

also, I think that Photobucket slowed down the animation on me. It should be a little faster than that Sick

any suggestions?

also yes I'll fix up all the other animations later, but I'm too lazy to do it at the moment, so
That's p. cool
The arms of the antagonist looks like something I once designed Tongue.
Also the very first pose (of him facing sideways idly) has some parts that are just meh.
Like the leg to the left has a bad outline. Maybe move it over left a little, that might even it out.
Also his arm holding the knife looks weird as well.
[Image: Experiment1.png]

Not giving up with this project yet

it's just that I haven't come up with anything that's exactly presentable nor have improvements of what you guys are critting on yet
so
instead I made this
which I might scrap later (unless I can get this to look awesome)

There's a lot that I need to fix, but idk if I'll ever get around to it :<
Looks cool.
awsome!
Love the style, but I'm telling you, if you want to keep a project going and keep yourself interested, work on the environments and the enemies. Always works because once you build the world around them, the chars. themselves fall into place.
Pages: 1 2