The VG Resource

Full Version: Kh 3d custom model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, this will be my first submission (kinda) to this site.. I don't really know how to to do the cool blue grid icon thingy but you all have been really helpfull in providing resources and assets for my animation work.

I made this low poly character model of Shiki Misaki for the Low Poly Workshop but since you all seem to like KH models as well and You've helped me out far I figured you might like to play with it as well. I'm goign to res her up and add in facial features and finger's and maybe a custom keyblade for my own use but if you'd like that one also I can share. But, by that time the actual game wil probably be out and we'll have acess to the official Shiki model.

I'm posting this here because I saw in the Revy thread where it stated to post custom models in the model disscusion area so..

I didn't see a thread with specefics for how to submit everything aside from have it in obj format and make a link to dl it. i use a application called dropbox. you click the link and it will auto start a download.

[Image: shikiprogress2.jpg]

Model link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33089130/gagex2z...shiki2.rar (now updated to include .png for texture)
That's pretty good. Smile The skin is a bit on the pink side though. And the yellow on her boots is a bit to bright. But other then that, It looks cool. Smile
(02-09-2012, 04:37 PM)Roxas358 Wrote: [ -> ]That's pretty good. Smile The skin is a bit on the pink side though. And the yellow on her boots is a bit to bright. But other then that, It looks cool. Smile

Yeah, I'm still learning to paint skin. I think her main issue is that there needs to be a few more cooler colors and a bit more specularity painted in.

the problem with realistic shading is that everything has to be so darn soft and subtle to look right otherwise it either doesnt show up or it ends up looking too obviously like a paint job.

I have a giant psd file with ever peice of color on it's own adjustable layer so tweaking things is possible. When you say the bboots are too yellow do you think I could kill that by adding in some more darker shading? or are you sayign to change the hue of that yellow to a more subdued one altogether?
I think it should be a bit darker.

Edit:
Also, this site doesn't like TGA. It would be good if you save your textures as PNG. Smile
(02-09-2012, 05:18 PM)Roxas358 Wrote: [ -> ]I think it should be a bit darker.

Edit:
Also, this site doesn't like TGA. It would be good if you save your textures as PNG. Smile

does .png hold transparency?
(02-09-2012, 06:32 PM)gagex2z Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2012, 05:18 PM)Roxas358 Wrote: [ -> ]I think it should be a bit darker.

Edit:

does .png hold transparency?

Yes, it does. Smile
you could always save it as both PNG and tga I assume.

it's pretty ausome, does she have her backpack?
(02-09-2012, 08:59 PM)valforwing Wrote: [ -> ]you could always save it as both PNG and tga I assume.

it's pretty ausome, does she have her backpack?

She has a purse pouch thingy on her hip and I added Mr mew in the file as well. I don't thnk I did a backpack. TBH I don't really know much about TWEWY, I am making a kingdom hearts animation adn I thought it'd be cool to have a character from kh3d in it to infer that it was set after kh3d.

I have Wiki'd and youtubed her character but I only based her design off of fanart on deviant art and the jump festa trailer we saw so I might be missing a few things not visible from the angles I had. (an example is probably the back of her hat. I doubt it ends that way in canon but for my model that's how I chose to close teh texture off.

If you'd be interested in providing me with mroe reference so I can more accurately portray her in my high poly cinematic cutscene version I'd be very appreciative.
I thought Mr. Mew WAS a backpack...at least he looked like that when i animated him useing his sprites.
(02-10-2012, 02:15 PM)valforwing Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Mr. Mew WAS a backpack...at least he looked like that when i animated him useing his sprites.

could be, But it looked to me liek a standalone stuffed animal that she holds and then sends out to attack like a pokemon.

"go mr mew, I choose you!"
hrm.. i coulda sword the thing had straps or something...but that's probably only in TWEWY and not in KH
Awesome job, man.
(02-12-2012, 08:34 PM)Mirrorman95 Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome job, man.

thanks. I'm thinking about making a dark magician girl model next but whether I make her now or move on to another project first is dependent on ppls interest. I asked the lpw, but so far no one's commented. would you guys be interested in an anime referenced DMG?

I've seen some ppl asking about ripping her from a yu gi oh game, but I have yet to see a completed rip.

If anyone's curious about my skill level with cell shaded models this is my erza:

[Image: showcase2.jpg]