The VG Resource

Full Version: [GAME] [ALPHA] Project: RoFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: d1ec.jpg]
Introduction:
How's it going, y'all? Some of you may remember me from the ":Unsureuperb Mario Bros." fangame project that was ultimately scrapped on this website a long while back - so I thought some of you may be interested in a new project that I'm working on (which is showing no sign of being scrapped, phew!). After reading the rules I should probably also highlight that this is unpaid work as it's more of an invitation to help me work on the project where you would obviously be credited accordingly too!

Concept:
Project: RoFL is a 2D side-scrolling adventure platformer with a unique twist on its control scheme and skill system. The game utilises every key on the computer Keyboard; 26 different skills are available to the player and are assigned to their corresponding keys by name. i.e; the skill "Aero" (Assigned to the 'A' Key) allows the player to Jump, and the skill "Speed" (Assigned to 'S') allows the player to Run when held!

Requests:
So if you're interested in the Project, here's what you can do to help out:
  • Download and Test the Project: RoFL Alpha below and post Positive/Negative feedback...
  • Suggest Ideas for the Game; such as new mechanics or skills (you may notice in the Alpha that a few skills are still unassigned)
  • Help out with the Spriting! As you may be able to tell, I can barely sprite at all, so with people offering to help out on this area would be perfect!
Alpha:
Bare in mind that this is a very early Alpha of the game where I am currently working on the mechanics and not so much the level design until everything is ironed out.
Now, give the Alpha a try and post any Glitches/Errors that you may come accross. Cheers!

[Image: sbino1.jpg]

Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to everyone's feedback!
Ideas for the missing skills
O - Open (if you want to implement doors or chests for something)
U - Underground (literally hide in the blocks)

An error, you can't get back onscreen once you go offscreen.
Gotta say, it's not too shabby, although having that many keys makes it complicated to jump into the game. But when you get the abilities one by one in the actual game, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
I do hope, though, that the title isn't final. It doesn't speak for the game - The title should somehow represent what it is about. And I didn't find the key that makes the bland character roll on the floor and laugh.