The VG Resource

Full Version: OoT Adult Link {custom/edit}
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently played Terranigma. Love the game;love the game's art style. Reminds me a lot of Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana. So, I started to wonder what Link might look like based upon the game.

What I turned out is only using Ark as a base for animations. The style isn't like Terranigma as it doesn't have the anime-ish feel to it as Terranigma does. That being said, I would like some c+c.

The Minish Cap palette was used. It may have an off pixel or two as my 32" lcd likes to blend certain colors and does auto-brightness crap when I zoom in.

Lastest version:
[Image: 10shpoj.png]

Ark's walking animation posted to provide side-by-side comparison.(You may need to f5 the page to see them more in-sync.)
[Image: 4zur0l.gif][Image: 97mrur.gif]

It's hard to see(could be the colors or framerate) but Ark's hands and Link's hands are perfectly matched. For some reason, Ark doesn't look like his hands go as close to his center but if you save the image and watch the frames, you'll see what I am talking about.

Anyway,..yeah.
It doesn't look too bad, but I suggest using some darker shades. The contrast on your sprite is much lower than that on the other sprite. It's worth adapting the palette to better suit the style.
(02-09-2012, 03:39 AM)Hoeloe Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't look too bad, but I suggest using some darker shades. The contrast on your sprite is much lower than that on the other sprite. It's worth adapting the palette to better suit the style.

Alright. Later today, I will go through Terranigma and see if I can't find something with some green to form a new palette.

Minish Cap may just be too bright for this style. I would make an original palette but I just don't have the eyes for it. tried before a few times and it always turns up bad.

If you have any recommendations for a palette, I'd appreciate it.
It's not that you don't have the eyes for it, it's that you don't have the practice. Choosing palettes can take a lot of practice.
New version in first post. Made some small changes to shading and the boots and legs. Made the boots smaller so that it fits the walking animation better. The boots seemed a little too big while idle.

Also started the side view. Seems alright for a start. Having issues figuring out the hat. Doesn't sit well with me.
Anyway, I am keeping with the Minish Cap palette for now while I experiment on my end with different greens and browns.

Not posted but the walking animation has been changed slightly to emphasize the bending of the knees. Now it doesn't look so stiff.