The VG Resource

Full Version: Jurassic Park models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's Open a Disscussion about Jurassic Park.
why?
because I found a Velociraptor Nublariensis model the other day and rigged it and want more.
but since I can't find any to import into MMD.
Lets talk about the models

which Jurassic Park game had the most movie accurate models?

there are so many games i just posted a list i found....some of these might be 2D games though.

1. Jurassic Park (NES/Game Boy/Super NES/PC/Amiga/Sega Master System/Sega Genesis/Sega Game Gear/Arcade/Mobile)
2. Jurassic Park Sega CD (Sega CD)
3. Jurassic Park Arcade (Arcade)
4. Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues (SNES/Game Boy)
5. Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition (Genesis)
6. Jurassic Park Interactive (3DO)
7. The Lost World: Jurassic Park (PS/Saturn/Gameboy Colour/Genesis/Game Gear/game.com/Arcade)
8. Jurassic Park: Chaos Island (PC)
9. Jurassic Park: Trespasser (PC)
10. Warpath: Jurassic Park (PS)
11. Jurassic Park III: Island Attack (Game Boy Advance)
12. Jurassic Park III: The DNA Factor (Game Boy Advance)
13. Jurassic Park III: Park Builder (Game Boy Advance)
14. Jurassic Park III: Dino Defender (PC/Mac)
15. Jurassic Park III: Danger Zone! (PC)
16. Jurassic Park III: Scan Command (PC)
17. Jurassic Park III: Dinosaur Battles (PC)
18. Jurassic Park III (Arcade)
19. Jurassic Park Institute Tour: Dinosaur Rescue (Game Boy Advance)
20. Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (PC/Xbox/PS2)
21. Jurassic Park Gameloft (Mobile)
22. Jurassic Park The Game (the new game)

here are some pictures I made in MMD useing the raptor model
is this raptor model a good representation of the ones seen in Jurassic Park?

[Image: clever_girl_by_valforwing-d4oohm0.png]
[Image: mmd_newcomer_velociraptor_nublariensis__...4olh6k.png]
[Image: velociraptor_nublariensis_by_valforwing-d4omvlr.png]

I've been looking everywhere for dinosaur models, stages that resemble areas from the film or have the same feel as the films.

do you have any suggestions of where the best dinosaur models can be found?

oh here are some videos of the dinosaur models I rigged with some animation data I made

first render

the full video render with sound (it always loses its quality)

Those are pretty awesome velociraptors; they make Miku and Kaito look pretty lame by comparison. Are the raptors from Telltale's game? (Y'know, the new one.) I haven't played it, but my brother said it was pretty incredible.

Y'know the link I put on my rigged Tidus model? The site where I found him? I'm pretty sure that site had some dinosaur models, though I don't know if they were any good or not.
There's some Dinosaurs on this site. They even have some high poly Final Fantasy models and other stuff. Smile

Also here's a dragon you may like. Wink
yes I already have sweeped that site of all the models i can convert.
unfortunatly of all of the dinosaur models only two of them could be converted into MMD the rest have a horrible texture issue that splits the texture in half

from what I can tell the telltale raptors heads are WAY too big...they look more like the hatchlings from 1998 Godzilla and the hatchlig raptor.
see this is an Velocitaptor Sornaiensis
[Image: jp3_female_raptor_color_by_yankeetrex-d3ipygn.jpg]
it lives on the same island that is seen in the second and third films, but lives in a different area then the Velociraptor Nublariensis that are seen in the first and second film.
This is a Velociraptor Nublariensis Male
[Image: velociraptor.jpg]
these raptors are thought to have been either killed off by the Velocitaptor Sornaiensis or simply they live in another section of the huge island of Isla Sorna. they lack the intelligence of the V.Sornaiensis

The raptors seen in the first film are the female of this type and look like this
[Image: velociraptor1.jpg]

the other dinosaurs i've seen in the game so far are pretty accurate and the locations are as well. if only we could rip from the game we could get a chance to look at them more thoroughly. the main charecters from the film are not suposed to be in the game only mentioned, and the closest to it is Nedry's corpse....luckely the movie did'nt have his death how it was in the novel.....his intestines were everwhere!

Big Grin i'll be sweet if we could rip from this game but i don't even know what system it's on.
Here are some dinos I ripped from JPOG for PC. It's been awhile since I did anything with this game, but I still have the models.
[Image: jpog.png]
*squeee*
Big Grin I can try my hand at converting and rigging these models perhaps for MMD?

I wonder if it's possible to turn the current raptor model I have into this one
[Image: RAPTOR_ALPHA.jpg]
It might be just a minor texture edit but the look would be fun to have the Chaos Effect dino.
oh are there any vehicles? or stages?

oh here are some more render's i've made with my raptor

Security Cam Footage from Orlando
[Image: security_footage__orlando_by_valforwing-d4oplli.png]
[Image: security_footage__orlando_march_4th_1999...4opm2o.png]
[Image: security_footage__memphis_febuary_2nd_19...4orl57.png]
midgar
[Image: security_footage__midgar_june_6th_1996_b...4opn4b.png]
you could. the ones I took a picture of are in sketchup, so I need to get the universal format models (.obj, .3ds). I learned how to extract them from a jpog community where people could use custom textures for the dinos. there are buildings, but im not sure about the stages.
I've got sketchup
so it's possible i could convert them to dae and then import them to blenderthough my percentage of sketchup to blender is about a 50% rate of success and a 50% rate of total EPIC FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
buildings?? I can work with that, I can alwaus transplant the buildings onto a custom stage and work from there.
sure, give me some time, i'm going to post some more rips in my thread soon by the end of this week
I've found some pictures of some Jurassic Park Toys that you guys might find cool

after all it's not like we can get a time machine go back in time, and sneak onto the set of Jurassic Park and steal the 3d models of the dinosaurs from the movie....the toys are some of the next best things when the game's fail to release the best quality models you gotta some times make them yourselves.... or take parts from games and stick em with other things.

I found these more intact images of the toy
do not worry. i got the nif files
we just need to get the nif files to dae files
i give the link if you will do it
here it the link
http://www.mediafire.com/?5voa7sft4ih8dde
The Turok series was famous for including dinosaurs in them. I know there was on Gamecube that had raptors in it (could actually play as one in multiplayer). You could at least boot up dolphin and extract using 3D Ripper DX or gameassassin. I don't know much about the 360 one and not sure if anything supports extracting from it.
are the dinosaurs simular to the ones in JP? or are they more colorful sci-fi types? nothing's wrong with that but i was trying to make something in MMD related to JP.

if only i could get some of the buildings or vehicles ripped from operation genesis or even better jurassic park the game
been a while but here's what i've done so far

Jurassic Park Gate WiP for MMD
[Image: jurassic_park_gate_wip_by_valforwing-d5orsvm.png]
[Image: jurassic_park_gate_wip_2_by_valforwing-d5ov8h4.png]
[Image: jurassic_park_gate_wip_3_by_valforwing-d5ovc7h.png]
lost world pinball
[Image: the_lost_world_pinball_machine___dl_by_v...5ohr3r.png]
JP2 Ingen vehicle
[Image: jp2_safari_vehicle___dl_by_valforwing-d5ohnbo.png]
triceratops
[Image: mmd_newcomer_triceratops___dl_by_valforwing-d5odud3.png]
baby rex