The VG Resource

Full Version: Velociraptor [Custom]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I've been working on this model for a couple of days now and wanted to show it to see what people think:
[Image: vraptorwip4.png]
EDIT: I finished modeling the rest of the body. Now, I've gotta Texture it.
[Image: vraptorwip6.png]
The model is made up of 2836 Polygons and has the Nurms modifier applied for smoothing. Made in 3Ds Max.
this depends on exactly what kind of look you are going for
cartoony
realistic?
feral?
I'm partial to the design of the cloned velociraptors from Jurassic Park.

the head looks more like a compy then a raptor in my mind... it's too duck like and narrow.
I'd bring the bridge of it's head up more. the eyes could be a little wider as well.
could you put up some more photos? I'd like to see it at different angles.

you could make a wonderful cartoon compy out of this by changeing the signature feet.

perhaps I need to see it with textures to get the best idea of how it should look.
shades of brown make for a nice semi-realistic look and bright greens seem to be popular for a cartoony dino.
you could use a brown green with yellow eyes to make it mid way.
It's intended to be cartoony, but its head is based more closely on the actual skull shape of Velociraptor than the Jurassic Park ones.

This is what the skeleton of the real Velociraptor mongoliensis
The eyes and proportions overall are heavily exaggerated for a more cartoony look.

Here's a Turntable vid of the model (un-textured) Link

Does anyone know which software is better at UV unwrapping between 3Ds Max and Maya?
NICE
oh here's a tip though
[Image: Capture-2.png]