The VG Resource

Full Version: Need help with ripping Play Station game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi every one

I'm a game artist, I'm working on picking pictures from Play Station game. But Unfortunate that i have picked out .tim pictures from games so far.

I saw the pictures of "Castlevania: Symphony of the Night" on this websit, I'm surprised by the complete resource.

So i come here to find the way that picking all resource of "Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits Bushidouretuden (Samurai Spirits RBG)".

looking for your kind reply.
.tim files? Maybe this helps you out:
http://www.romhacking.net/?category=&Pla...e=tim&desc=

The "Tim Viewer" looks promising.
(01-31-2012, 07:44 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ].tim files? Maybe this helps you out:
http://www.romhacking.net/?category=&Pla...e=tim&desc=

The "Tim Viewer" looks promising.

Thanks , but What picture formats in PS game, except format ".tim" ?
Found the solution: The game doesn't use TIMs, but you can use a tile viewer like Tile Molester or TiledGGD. The graphics are in files within the BTL (as in battle sequences) and FLD (as in field sequences), although I can't find palettes in the B files or in the FLD folder.
(02-01-2012, 09:27 PM)Deathbringer Wrote: [ -> ]Found the solution: The game doesn't use TIMs, but you can use a tile viewer like Tile Molester or TiledGGD. The graphics are in files within the BTL (as in battle sequences) and FLD (as in field sequences), although I can't find palettes in the B files or in the FLD folder.

Thank you very much for your suggestion, After learning for two hours, I think I have understood both softwares you told me. Now, I can rebuild simple pictures with Tilemolester. But, i don't know how to get palette from the file.

GGD can rebuild picture well, But it's not good that must knowing the content of picture at first of working.

Could you told me where is the detailed tutorial of Tilemolester. And i want to learn more about HotKeys and concepts.