The VG Resource

Full Version: Tekken 6 help...please?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wish to rip some of the Tekken 6 models (Xbox 360). I know it is possible, I've seen proof that it is possible, but most people aren't that interested in Tekken or are only interested in some characters ( like Nina Williams, I believe people have ripped everything that has anything to do with that particular character Tongue). By reading between the lines in some obscure forums that no one visits anymore, I understand that I would having the xbdecompressor.exe would make my life easier, but I have absolutely no idea how to obtain this program.

Now don't get me wrong, I am a seasoned Google veteran, but I think it's hopeless when I get less than a thousand results. Apparently no one uploads this program because it is copy-righted, and yet it seems everyone has it.

Now, assuming I can get by with a little hell of not having this program, I know I would need Noesis, and I am devoid of ideas on how to use this application. If someone would be kind enough to give me a little explanations on what you would do if you wanted to rip something?
xbdecompressor.exe is a program made by Microsoft under the release of the XDK. As such, supplying or obtaining the program (without paying for it) is notably illegal.
Of course, that doesn't mean you can't get it. I just thought you should know.
I knew it was illegal to obtain this program freely, but you're actually the first person to put my hopes up about it, off to google again! Cool

Really, I wasn't expecting a fast reply, thanks Friedslick Wink

EDIT: A quick search in Google, which gave me only two results this time, and I find an SPD unpacker, here's the link.

Now I'm not really sure if it will work with Tekken 6, but let's keep our hopes up shall we? Wink
mmmmmmm.....Time ago I published a detailed tutorial for newbie about how extract and convert correctly tekken 6 models....but that site was down lol.
Actually i can't remeber correctly what tools i used, but it think all of them were legal. I will try to find the guide and tools ..somewhere in my old hhdisk if u needt.
Sir, I cannot thank you enough. Please, do upload the tutorial in the forums if you find it. <joking mode on> I BEG OF YOU! I'M IN A DILEMMA HERE! </joking mode off>

Thank you....
(01-31-2012, 09:19 PM)HatchiSama Wrote: [ -> ]Sir, I cannot thank you enough. Please, do upload the tutorial in the forums if you find it. I BEG OF YOU! I'M IN A DILEMMA HERE!

Thank you....
Hey, chill out. Pulling the whole "I WILL DIE" act never, *ever* works. Patience however, does. Try that.
I know that Tongue , I forgot to put the joking mode on that post !
hi HatchiSama, my search will take a bit , because I really don't remember where i put it lol..so be patien....^^

EDIT: ehm...anyway I tested in 5 minutes that xbdecompress is illegaly present on the web...but dn't try this at home.
It's OK, Orwell, I'm pretty patient, even though I don't act like that online for comedy's sake Smile
And no, I couldn't even find the program, let alone try it Tongue

EDIT: Ok, so I scanned the Xentax Forum for help, and I found that it is very much quite achievable. It was a bit difficult finding the forum ( Didn't know about it before, but it's pretty cool ), but it was worth it. Some people uploaded the game files that contain the character models as well as the special cutscenes objects and outfits, which are cool. I'd say the project is go, but first I gotta learn a little bit coding and a little bit modeling to really kick start my project. Wish me luck!
I found only my first and shorter version of the tutorial i wrote..thanx to the informations grabbed from xentax and other sites. I great thanks is due to firsak who explain me how to fix the bone structure of tekken6 models.( This part is not present in this tutorial cuz i should write for hours lol)

1) We have to start with an xbox360 iso of the game, then we can use Wr360 tool (http://gael360.free.fr/wx360.php ) to browser in the iso and extract the .bin and .idx files containers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmjCjy1U8mc ( wr360 video tutorial) or we can use Xbox Image Browser 1.0.
PS: We can use Xbox360 Iso Extract v0.3 (if we have the original disk) to convert our xbox disk in an iso file.

2) Now we have for example DATA301.BIN andDATA301.IDX. I remand to the firsak’s explanation about the content of these bin files in the other tekken6 tread on the download section of the forum ( he published these informations even in xentax forum if i remeber well). So we have to put you .bin and .idx files, xbdecompress.exe, xbcompress.exe and xbdm.dll in the same directory, then run CMVery Sad

The correct syntax in cmd ambient is: xbdecompress [options] source_file destination_file

EXAMPLE: C:\xbdecompress C:\DATA302.BIN C:\DATA302.BIN
We have to answer yes when it ask to overwrite the .bin file….or we can change the name of destination file from data301.bin to data301_decompressed.bin. After a some minutes your data301.bin will be decompressed by the tool so it will increase its size(obviously^^). Remeber u need a lot of disk space to work fine with these files.

3) At this point we can use poppypants.exe tool to extract all the content (.nmd and some raw files)from the bin container. We will put this exe in the same folder of data301.bin and…idx
and we will run CMVery Sad
CMD Syntax is: poopypants.exe DATA.IDX DATA_decompressed.BIN
EXAMPLE : : C:\poopypants.exe C:\DATA301.IDX C:\DATA301.BIN (remember to use decompressed bin file). After some minutes we will have all the .nmd and raw (raw files can be deleted)

4) Finally we can use noesis tool to view and convert the.nmd files (texture and rigged models) in different 3d application formats. That’s all!!
This is the package with xbdecompress, and poopypants tools.

What about the texture?...some textures have some rgb channels inverted...so if they appeares with a strange color u simply need to swap the the channels with
a graphic application like photosop or gimp.There are some tutorials about this on the web.

EDIT 1: there are two version of xbdecompress : 6534ver. Should be for win 32bit and 7645 for win 64…but I can’t remember well..so you have to try.
EDIT 2: i know this is only the start to work with this models.....the rest of this depends mainly by ur 3d application knowlegdges.
Good work^^

You know Orwell, I'm pretty sorry to say.... that I can't thank your post enough. I will try it as soon as I can!

EDIT: Guys, I believe that the character models are like soul calibur's models. They are colorless where you would have to color them in yourself. It's all because they have that edit mode *grumble grumble*. I'll try my best though.
I don't supose there is a good quality model of Alex and Rodger in the new tekken game is there?
Actually, I'm not really sure. I do know Roger Jr. and Roger's wife (Do kangaroos marry?) are in the game. But Roger only exists in a pre-rendered cutscene, which would make him pretty much unattainable unless Namco was kind enough to send me their models, which is just as likely to happen as the sky is to rain chocolate.
...Or they might have just left the models in there. Happens quite frequently, actually.
Really? I'd have thought that video game developers would be more careful than to leave unneeded models on the disc.

On a completely unrelated note, I found some random guide on the internet that explains just what our good friend Orwell in a lot more detail. It linked to our "illegal collection of 0's and 1's" that should make things a lot easier.

Then, it's just a matter of how much free time I have and how slick I can get with Cinema 4D...
Pages: 1 2